Thread: motor screws

RC Champion

motor screws

I kind of tightened the screws too hard to hold the motor and killed the threads. Has any one used a washer to space them a little bit and did it hold well without the motor moving when bashing........
    Next time I think I will use a torque controlled screw driver........
    Last edited by Jezza; 04-02-2013 at 05:33 PM.

RC Champion
    Lunsford fat boy motor screws. Hopefully you didn't strip the threads out on the motor. Problem is, the plastic motor plate won't allow to get the motor tight enough without distorting the plate. Switching to a full aluminum trans or a hybrid trans with an aluminum motor plate will allow you to mount the motor securely without distortion.

I don't like to use a power driver for the motor screws either. I prefer to tighten them by hand so that I can control exactly how tight I get them on. I still do this even though I have a full aluminum trans.
    Brushless 9cell/3s Street Rusty

RC Champion

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomad View Post
    Lunsford fat boy motor screws. Hopefully you didn't strip the threads out on the motor. Problem is, the plastic motor plate won't allow to get the motor tight enough without distorting the plate. Switching to a full aluminum trans or a hybrid trans with an aluminum motor plate will allow you to mount the motor securely without distortion.

I don't like to use a power driver for the motor screws either. I prefer to tighten them by hand so that I can control exactly how tight I get them on. I still do this even though I have a full aluminum trans.
    Thanks, I am not too sure if I stripped the threads off the motor. How ever if all fails , I will try putting my own washers and se how it goes untill I get an aliminium gear and motor trans.
    Yeah I saw the hybid , interesting, how ever I will probably alos opt for a full trans, so that it can take up some of the heat.
    Have agreat one

RC Champion
    And yes a number 8 which is also 1/4 washer works great. it is nice and tight and even after a hard bashing the motor does not budge......