Thread: Motor problem?

RC poster

Motor problem?

My Grave Digger Stampede isn't moving when the throttle is applied. I have a Titan 12t engine. The front wheels turn when moved by the remote and the light on the truck's receiver blinks when the remotes throttle in engaged/disengaged. I don't think it's the transmission because the engine turns when I manually push the truck forward and backwards. I just want to get confirmation from someone on this site that it is an engine problem.
    More info: my son was using the truck by himself when this happened but I have a feeling he was trying to get the truck unstuck from snow. So, I'm guessing he throttled until the engine burned out.
    Last edited by paul_kelly2000; 04-02-2013 at 11:55 AM.

To test the motor, unplug the motor wires from the ESC wires. Remove the motor from the truck. To do this you will have to remove the right rear tire and the gear cover. The gear cover has two different size screws. The longer screw goes in the top and the shorter screw goes in the bottom. You will then have access to the motor screws. Remove the two motor screws, one is in a hole at the top of the trans case, and one is in a slot at the bottom of the trans case. Please note that if you are removing the motor you should be familiar and comfortable with resetting the gear mesh between the spur gear and the pinion gear. Hold the motor securely and connect the motor wires directly to a battery pack. If the motor spins forcefully, it is good.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    To test the motor, ....... If the motor spins forcefully, it is good.
    Yep snow is quite a head ache. My son burnt one of his motors the same way.....

RC poster
    Thanks for the feedback!