Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Will they fit

RC Champion
    Looking good.

Like what u did with the roll bars. Dye or paint?

RC Qualifier
    painted it --- so far its holding up pretty decent except at the body clips
    MM2 E Revo -- Dewalt/MM Summit

RC Champion
    Man these tires amaze me more all the time. I have a steep sand/dirt hill in my yard and all very loose. The stock summit cannot make it up no matter what spins out or flips over backwards. Mine will climb it. I have to go full throttle high gear and it will claw all the way to the top. Low gear and as slow as I can go and it will crawl all the way. Love em

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Man these tires amaze me more all the time. I have a steep sand/dirt hill in my yard and all very loose. The stock summit cannot make it up no matter what spins out or flips over backwards. Mine will climb it. I have to go full throttle high gear and it will claw all the way to the top. Low gear and as slow as I can go and it will crawl all the way. Love em
    +2 Mine are really fun. Plus I think the Summit looks better, I lowered the body and those tires really balance the look better. My stock summits look like a kid who wears the cuff of his pants to high. Thumbs up on the Slingers.

RC Champion
    Haha that's one way to view it.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    +2 Mine are really fun. Plus I think the Summit looks better, I lowered the body and those tires really balance the look better. My stock summits look like a kid who wears the cuff of his pants to high. Thumbs up on the Slingers.
    This is spot on. The Mudslingers just finish off the look of the Summit so well. And the fact that their performance is good in all conditions as well is just the icing on the cake.

RC Racer
    can you use the "sidewall protector" rings on the stock rims with slingers? just noticed most people aren't running them.
    crawl-bash-swim. The Summit does it all.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Sectsy Stampede View Post
    can you use the "sidewall protector" rings on the stock rims with slingers? just noticed most people aren't running them.
    yes you can. I think its a personal choice. I don't run with them but I have seen photos with the rings on and they look great.

RC Champion
    I run with them just to fill in space

RC Champion
    Just did a google search for trimming mudslingers and this tread came up in the first spot in the image search.

Was looking to see how far people had trimmed the small lug. Gotta go back and retrim now as the first trim job was a bit of a rush. Thinking of trimming them right off.

Does anyone want to put the ring protectors on for me? I'm REALLY curious to what it looks like. Thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    They are on in the pics of my truck

Oh ok, thanks!
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Champion
    Went back and re trimmed the small lugs. Originally I just cut them at roughly the 1/2 way mark. This time I cut them right down to nothing. Definitely have more bite and grip. I have a hill that I use for testing soft sand and steep. Only way I can make it up is full speed or the slowest I can possibly go to keep the tires from slipping. Just normal low speed I was able to climb all the way to before I got stuck and then just a quick **** of the throttle and it shot up and over. Seemed to be less slipping on the side hills as well.

RC Qualifier
    Has anyone tried mounting a set if ProLine Trencher 40 Series (3.8") on a set of Traxxas Geode wheels (3.8" Traxxas Style Bead). One would assume they would mount since so many of you guys have mounted Slingers (40 Series) on Geode's (Traxxas Style).

Below are the spec's of both:

Geode
    Width = 2.8" (70.5mm)
    Outer Dia. = 3.8" (96.5mm)

Trencher 40 Series
    Outer Dia. = 6.89” (175mm)
    Inner Dia. = 3.8” (96mm)
    Width = 3.43” (87mm)
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC poster
    Do they make a bead lock rim that will fit the mud slingers?

RC Qualifier
    RC4WD`s website recommends the no longer made Axial Rockster Beadlocks for most their tires.

The odd pair come up every now and then for a lucky few.
    To SUMMIT up, its my coolest RC.

RC Champion
    hey guys just checking in to see about your long term reviews on the mudslingers.and to see how much buldge the tires have with the geode rims....like is it alot or just alittle?
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    slingers are still a awesome tire. switched over to my trenchers for some winter runs and just put the slingers back on.. its a night and day performance on how well they work. Not sure what you mean by budge? if your talking about how far they stick out from the rim it is very little. just enough to give some rim protection. their is lots of pics in this thread you did not see what you were looking for?

RC Champion
    got the mud slingers in a couple days ago and what a surprise I picked up the box and thought there must of been 8 tires in it just by the weight. and when opening the shipping box it was like opening a summit all over again. I am going to be putting these tires on stock rims but am going to be stripping of some chrome by hand for a black on chrome look or remove all the chrome and paint it up for a red on black look

but a question. what way do you guys think would preform better? the normal gear/star cut foams or ribed foams?
    I haven't got the foams cut yet for crawling. but am open to ideas for better performance.

I have three spots just down the street that im going to test the slingers on. being a curb, land scape stone slabs and smooth weathered rocks and this one particular section that can kill servos and drive trains
    summit /mustang /stampede-2s spc lipo

RC Champion
    the least amount of foam the better. as you probably noticed they are a fairly stiff tire.. Im wishing i would have gut my star pattern smaller and tighter. Or left the foam out totaly

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    the least amount of foam the better. as you probably noticed they are a fairly stiff tire.. Im wishing i would have gut my star pattern smaller and tighter. Or left the foam out totaly
    I second this. I wish I would have cut ALOT more foam out of my slingers then I did. I did gear cut them, and they do deform, but I have gone more to using my Summit as a trail/crawler rig and in hind sight wish I would have left them out all together.

The tires are softening up over time, but I could have helped that with removing the foams completely.

RC poster
    Ok now from what I know to put slingers on axial rims they have to be the narrow version right?

so from what I was reading the width of the mudslingers 40 series is 3.5''
    Outer Diameter: 7.55" (192mm)
    Width: 3.5" (89mm)
    Inner Diameter: 3.8" (96.52mm)
    Tire thread depth: .31" (8mm)
    Advanced X4 Medium Compound
    Each tire weight: 16 oz / 453 g

now the rims I would like to user are the axial oversized 40 series but the width on these are 3.234''
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXPEE0&P=8
    Outer Diameter: 102.21mm (4.024")
    Width: 82.14mm (3.234")
    Offset: 20.21mm (0.795")
    Hex Adapter: 17.00mm (0.669")

so here's the question am I just really confused or will 40 series mudslingers fit on this rim on my summit?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by summitsmasher View Post
    Ok now from what I know to put slingers on axial rims they have to be the narrow version right?

so from what I was reading the width of the mudslingers 40 series is 3.5''
    Outer Diameter: 7.55" (192mm)
    Width: 3.5" (89mm)
    Inner Diameter: 3.8" (96.52mm)
    Tire thread depth: .31" (8mm)
    Advanced X4 Medium Compound
    Each tire weight: 16 oz / 453 g

now the rims I would like to user are the axial oversized 40 series but the width on these are 3.234''
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...P?I=LXPEE0&P=8
    Outer Diameter: 102.21mm (4.024")
    Width: 82.14mm (3.234")
    Offset: 20.21mm (0.795")
    Hex Adapter: 17.00mm (0.669")

so here's the question am I just really confused or will 40 series mudslingers fit on this rim on my summit?
    Really not a good thing to post the same thing across 2 different posts.. As I said in your other post the reason people use the narrows are the oversize rub

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I love my slingers on rc4wd cyclone bead locks

RC Qualifier
    i just lucked up on a set of 'slingers from the LHS. I plan on mounting them on a set of de-chromed stock wheels this weekend.
    Revo LRP 30x
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Champion
    What u can actually wait till the weekend?

RC Qualifier
    I did finally get the tires mounted up and had a chance to play in some spring snow - WOW. those tires own the snow.
    Revo LRP 30x
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Champion
    I'm starting to like the slingers also. I compared them to a set of Losi claws and stock tires, the slingers don't flex nor grip as well as those but they did OK. Should get better since once they break in and I trim them. Where they really shined is the height. In areas I had to maneuver to avoid skid plate hangups, the slingers just glided right over. Not a soft compound tire but the knobs flex just enough to pull you up on difficult climbs. I'm trying to do a video comparison now.
    Last edited by noir 522; 04-15-2014 at 03:38 AM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense
    Funky Gecko, SumVee HDE

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    I'm starting to like the slingers also. I compared them to a set of Losi claws and stock tires, the slingers don't flex nor grip as well as those but they did OK. Should get better since once they break in and I trim them. Where they really shined is the height. In areas I had to maneuver to avoid skid plate hangups, the slingers just glided right over. Not a soft compound tire but the knobs flex just enough to pull you up on difficult climbs. I'm trying to do a video comparison now.
    Just to second, once the slingers break in is when they really start to grab. It just takes some time to get there. I have been running mine for about 9 months now and they are really starting to soften up. I love them. They are my favorite do it all tire, and what you said about the extra clearance they give is indeed a nice benefit over the other tires.