Thread: tekno m6

RC Enthusiast

Unhappy tekno m6

hey y'all,

i bought some tekno m6's for the rear of my car today. when i tried to install them it seems that they don't fit with the stock rally a arms. i hope I'm having a blonde moment and there is something i have over looked because i am tired of my LHS selling me the wrong parts i.e it wouldn't be the first time.

thank you guys.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    it should fit fine, thats what i have on mine now. do you have a pics of what you mean by it does'nt fit?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Enthusiast
    Shown here circled in orange is the issue. that is the closest it it go to the arm. It looks like it is too long for my arms.

thats strange because i even put a spacer on mine to get rid of the play, try pushing it in.
    you cant see the spacer but its in there.
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 04-02-2013 at 12:10 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    I figured out what the deal is. they sold me ones for the pro line arms which i guess are a bit wider. i went on the tekno website and they list different ones for the slash 4x4 stocks and with pro line kits. thank you guys very much, i have a lhs to gripe out tomorrow. the guy that sold me these is the same that spent 45 mins of my time telling me that putting in a mmm 2650 kv would be the biggest mistake i could make and i would have to buy a new vehicle if i put it in mine. grrrr.....

thanks guys i apprieciated the help

no, it does'nt matter what arm you put it in it should still fit. i have a protrac arm also and it fits fine and again i have to put a spacer to it to get rid of the play.
    protrac arm with XO-1 carrier
    Last edited by humayrayakongkinaon; 04-02-2013 at 12:26 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    they sold me the tkr6852PL which has longer axles than the tkr6852x (which is the other rear kit they sell) im still trying to move everything to see if there is some way to fit them but with the longer axles im afraid im boned. and i dont have the pro trac arms i didnt know i needed them to upgrade my axles.
    Last edited by protonvxmatt; 04-02-2013 at 12:34 AM.

yeah you need the protrac arms with that bone which means your rally width track extend by 4mm each corner and your stock body will rub at the wheelwell if you use a 17mm adapter.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by protonvxmatt View Post
    I figured out what the deal is. they sold me ones for the pro line arms which i guess are a bit wider. i went on the tekno website and they list different ones for the slash 4x4 stocks and with pro line kits. thank you guys very much, i have a lhs to gripe out tomorrow. the guy that sold me these is the same that spent 45 mins of my time telling me that putting in a mmm 2650 kv would be the biggest mistake i could make and i would have to buy a new vehicle if i put it in mine. grrrr.....

thanks guys i apprieciated the help
    Ha! A 2650 would be great for a rally. I run one on a MMP in my slash 4x4 lcg now. Those tekno shafts would handle that motor great.

just exchange it with the right lenght bones, its only the rear right? i would exchange mine for yours if they're all long.

RC Enthusiast
    i'm hoping to talk to the manager of the store tomorrow and get this straightened out. i'm done with the shenanigans from the employees. i've spent close to $1200 in there in the last couple of weeks and this isn't the first time they have "guaranteed" that the parts i got from them were the correct ones or that they would fit. only to get home and have to drive back up there after halfway installing something because they gave me the wrong parts. today's antics of having the employee lecture me about what i need to buy and how much he disapproved of me wanting a 1/8th can really ticked me off.

i dont let any LHS employee tell me whats work and not work for my car/truck. this forum helps me alot and most ppl here have more knowledgeable than just working behind LHS counter. onetime i bring in my XO-1 1/8 they dont even know what i have until i open the body LOL.

RC Enthusiast
    last time i took my rally in the employee who i had just sold me it brand new off the shelf a month ago asked me, "what is that thing?" lol of course it doesnt resemble a rally any more. it's more of a rallyslashpede... i think im going to call it wanda lol.

RC Champion
    Wanda, what a pretty name. AWWW I hope your both happy together. No fooling, sweet rallyslashpede.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Racer
    So which Tekno M6's will fit a stock traxxas rally? Looking to upgrade, but not go the GT8 way, want to keep this for off road use.

Stock arms:
    TKR6851X for front Slash 4x4/Stampede 4x4 (and Rally)
    TKR6852X for rear Slash 4x4/Stampede 4x4 (and Rally)
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Stock arms:
    TKR6851X for front Slash 4x4/Stampede 4x4 (and Rally)
    TKR6852X for rear Slash 4x4/Stampede 4x4 (and Rally)