RC Qualifier

Rollcage anybody?

Does anybody here use or want to use a rollcage?
    I have 1 on my stampede 4x4 and i LOVE IT.
    The temps are WAY LOWER! Never break a body and it just looks tough!!!!
    The ones I have are made by vg racing.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9c1e501e.jpg

RC Enthusiast
    I just put one on 2 days ago and love it! I am new to this hobby so it will be saving me from breaking a lot of parts. I rolled it a bunch last night and all was good. I am going to modify my body to fit over it as I like the look of the shell sometimes too. I also have a new bumper coming, I'm trying to make this truck rookie proof!

Sent from my turbo charged DNA

RC Qualifier
    i suggest getting a shroud to keep everything all clean and pretty.

Ive been in this hobby for a while and i still think the cage comes in handy... Not just a rookie part by any means.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 08:25 AM. Reason: merge

RC Racer
    I need a roll cage asap! With all this new found power from my Tenshock motor, body is trashed!!

RC Qualifier
    I wish traxxas made roll cages for all of their vehicles. Id def. buy one! Its by far my favorite addition to the truck. The cost of buying 2 bodies is more than the rollcage so it paid for itself lol

RC Racer
    I use a VG on both my Pedes and don't bother with the plastic bodies. Have done so from Day 1 and love the protection it offers.

How much do those cages weigh?

Just my preference but I like the look of bodies better and they are usually lighter than a cage is. I enjoy painting them and enjoy changing the look of the truck with a different body or paint scheme every so often.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Here are pics of my 2wd trucks with roll cages. I really like them for the reasons mentioned above, and because I can bash the heck out of them and touch them up with a little black paint and they're good as new.

Pic of my Garmin in my Slash after a speed run of 53mph. It is faster and doesn't flip as easily as with a lid.

My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    How much do those cages weigh?

Just my preference but I like the look of bodies better and they are usually lighter than a cage is. I enjoy painting them and enjoy changing the look of the truck with a different body or paint scheme every so often.
    About 610grams or 1.34lbs or 21.5oz. They are not light but the benefits IMHO outweigh the extra weight. Also, my Pedes on 3s have no issues lifting themselves on 2 wheels even with the added weight of the cage. You can also run the stock body over the top if you like the look. I like the look without and the protection I get.

RC Racer
    is VG the only maker of these right now?
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Enthusiast
    I used an Integy cage.

RC Racer
    I can only seem to find stampede 2x4 cages by Integy, not for the 4x4 would you have a link to a site that sells them?

thanks!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAD View Post
    I can only seem to find stampede 2x4 cages by Integy, not for the 4x4 would you have a link to a site that sells them?

thanks!
    Mine is 2wd.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAD View Post

thanks!
    http://www.vgracing.com/mm5/merchant...=VGR-EPEDE_4x4

I didn't look hard, might be able to find better prices somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    I need a roll cage asap! With all this new found power from my Tenshock motor, body is trashed!!
    I am stoked that you love the extra power dude and i am thinking roll cage after i upgrade to 17mm hex and wheels.....peaceman
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    I am stoked that you love the extra power dude and i am thinking roll cage after i upgrade to 17mm hex and wheels.....peaceman
    Yeah it's wild now! I would rather have a roll cage and have fun than baby the truck so it doesnt roll and no fun.

My body is dry wall taped and shoe gooed up to the max and it can take a right bashing but i want to put the punch on max with out stripping the hex on my wheels.....peace

RC Qualifier
    I did the 17mm hex conversion... Its a worthy mod

I want to put more power down like all you guys because the motor has more to give but the 12mm hexes cant take itAnd thanks it just makes me want the 17mm upgrade even more now.....peace

Quote Originally Posted by giddyup109 View Post
    I used an Integy cage.
    As are my two cages.

RC Qualifier
    How do integy cages hold up

RC Racer
    Can you run a 2.8 wheel with a 17hex or do you need to jump up to a larger diameter wheel like a 3.8? I don't mind moving to a 17 hex if I can keep a 2.8 Rim so I can at least save the rubber....

You can mod the trenchers to fit on 3.2 ofna MT3 wheel and then you are in the 17mm club.....peace

RC Qualifier
    i used rpm revolvers (stablemaxx) and trimmed the bead to a "traxxas style bead". No mod to the trencher was needed

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    How do integy cages hold up
    They hold up very well indeed. I own two of them (pictured above) and they have taken a lot of abuse. After a few skids I hit them with some black paint and they're good as new. I don't take the cage off anymore to paint, just slide some cardboard underbearg and spray away. It doesnt take much paint to do the trick.

RC Racer
    So I just got my VG racing roll cage and its great and all but the extra weight is killing the suspension. Are any of you out there running stronger/thicker springs to compensate?

Quote Originally Posted by makuloco2000 View Post
    So I just got my VG racing roll cage and its great and all but the extra weight is killing the suspension. Are any of you out there running stronger/thicker springs to compensate?
    Dude VG springs are a nice combo to go with the roll cage and up your shock oil to about 45-55wt and take it from there man........peace

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    I use a VG on both my Pedes and don't bother with the plastic bodies. Have done so from Day 1 and love the protection it offers.
    These look awesome! I recently bought each of my boys a 4x4 Stampede and the bodies and body pins are a pain for them, not to mention the older kids has pretty much destroyed his body. I've found where I can order those roll cages online, but can you tell me where I can get those zippered bags from?

Funny, I've already put one black RPM and one blue RPM bumper on our 2 Stampedes as well - its currently how they tell them apart as I didn't have colour choices when I picked them up.

Thanks!

RC Racer
    Dude VG springs are a nice combo to go with the roll cage and up your shock oil to about 45-55wt and take it from there man........peace
    You got it dude, Just ordered them!

Good man which brushless combo did you get for your pede 4x4 after dude ...peace

RC Racer
    MM2 and 2200kv motor on its way! I am doing lots of other upgrades first though before that is even ran.

Thats the best way of stopping down time which sucks.I hope you know that you are making a MONSTER of a pede that will go like a drag car and never over heat and you will never get bored of the POWER that its going to lay down manI have just geared down to 15t pinion ready for the summer temps and i took it out yesterday and turned to punch to 9 and all i can say is WOW i think i like it more than 17t on 3s i would say before i use my mates gps that its still knocking on 60mph And the temps are under 150f even on 3s.........peace

RC Racer
    Thats the best way of stopping down time which sucks.I hope you know that you are making a MONSTER of a pede that will go like a drag car and never over heat and you will never get bored of the POWER that its going to lay down manI have just geared down to 15t pinion ready for the summer temps and i took it out yesterday and turned to punch to 9 and all i can say is WOW i think i like it more than 17t on 3s i would say before i use my mates gps that its still knocking on 60mph And the temps are under 150f even on 3s.........peace

What motor / esc are you running?

I am running a hobbywing sct pro 120a esc with a tenshock sc411 3500kv 4 pole 550 motor and its a mental little package for my pede but if money was not a problems i would but castle mmp esc and 2650kv setup but for now i am very happy with what i have dude........peace

RC poster
    I've had my roll cage from VGA racing for over a year now! I love it
    Never had any issues despite bashing hard on 2s lipos

RC poster
    And fit it under my lowered body?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsomart35 View Post
    I've had my roll cage from VGA racing for over a year now! I love it
    Never had any issues despite bashing hard on 2s lipos
    Apparently your not bashing hard enough! Check out this picture. I jumped off a cliff thinking it was rock solid, ended up landing on back end, bent cage in and tweak the whole cage forward and blew out the front half of the front diff housing! I even caught the jump on video crazy hard hit! I guess I was hoping it wouldnt land like that. You can see the front mount is tweaked good, and these cages are strong!

Last edited by makuloco2000; 06-23-2013 at 11:04 AM.

RC Racer
    Here it is in case anybody is interested, just being stupid on my part. I think I like finding weaknesses and then finding a solution!