RC Qualifier

Traxxas heavy duty slipper clutch...

Has anyone used the heavy duty slipper clutch on their pede? It comes with aluminum friction pads instead of the asbestos one ( I think the stock is abestos. Someone correct me if I am wrong). Need to replace mine since one of the friction pads broke in 2 and also ruined 3 teeth on my spur.

Rebuild kit (heavy duty), slipper clutch (steel disc/ aluminum friction pads (3)/ spring, Revo (1)/ spring, Maxx (1)/ 2x9.8mm pin/ 5x8mm MW/ 5.0mm NL (1)/ 4.0mm NL (1)) - Part num: 5352R

Pic of the Heavy duty rebuild kit:

VS

Rebuild kit, slipper clutch (steel disc/ friction pads (3)/ spring (2)/ 2x9.8mm pin/ 5x8mm MW/ 5.0mm NL (1)/ 4.0mm NL (1)) - Part num: 5352x

Pic of the rebuild kit:
    Last edited by stampede_fanatic; 04-01-2013 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Posted pics
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Racer
    I run this heavy duty slipper in both my Pede 4x4's. You will need both the 5351 and 5352r parts to complete this.

The one on the left is before and the one on the right is after.

RC Racer
    Mated to CC MMP/SCT + N-C 1415-2400kv, 1/3 turn from full compression. No problems... yet...
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Mated to CC MMP/SCT + N-C 1415-2400kv, 1/3 turn from full compression. No problems... yet...
    I run mine at 1/4 turn from full compression with a 2650kv Castle motor and mamba monster 2. Also good so far

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    I run this heavy duty slipper in both my Pede 4x4's. You will need both the 5351 and 5352r parts to complete this.

The one on the left is before and the one on the right is after.
    Man, that looks beefy! I would definitely want to run something like that since I run on 3s most of the time.

Anyways, I already ordered part num 5351 and 5352R. My question is: Can I use the same screws that hold the slipper plate and hub that's on the stampede 4x4? So all I need are 5351 and 5352R? Do I have to get anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Very nice man! Looks good and beefy.

I just use the aluminum pads from the heavy duty upgrade kit with the stock slipper set up.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    I just use the aluminum pads from the heavy duty upgrade kit with the stock slipper set up.
    That was my initial plan which is to use the stock slipper setup with the aluminum pads, but changed my mind when I saw Crackelaktor's and doubletapdaddy 's post.

Decided to get part num 5351 since it looks beefier and looks like it could withstand 3s much longer.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by stampede_fanatic View Post
    That was my initial plan which is to use the stock slipper setup with the aluminum pads, but changed my mind when I saw Crackelaktor's and doubletapdaddy 's post.

Decided to get part num 5351 since it looks beefier and looks like it could withstand 3s much longer.
    They're not expensive parts so I figured why not.

RC Champion
    I run them in my summit. Way better pad. I found on my summit I had to run 1 1/2 turns out to get it to slip properly. Hold way better than stock

RC Qualifier
    Remember not to throw out your old spring for the stock slipper since the spring comes with the 5352r won't fit.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackelaktor View Post
    They're not expensive parts so I figured why not.
    Yes they are cheap, just waiting for it to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    I run them in my summit. Way better pad. I found on my summit I had to run 1 1/2 turns out to get it to slip properly. Hold way better than stock
    Got to tell this to my buddy. He has a summit and this would be a good upgrade for him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hskb View Post
    Remember not to throw out your old spring for the stock slipper since the spring comes with the 5352r won't fit.
    Thanks for the tip man.

The revo slipper is the way to go some people just change the pads or the full setup i went full setup and its better at dissipating heat and better power control and keep the stock spring like hskb said i almost did .....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    The revo slipper is the way to go some people just change the pads or the full setup i went full setup and its better at dissipating heat and better power control and keep the stock spring like hskb said i almost did .....peace
    Thanks for the advice man! The full setup is the way to go for me since I use 3s most of the time. 2s when the 3s runs out...

I use the full setup because my system has got lots of torque on 2s and tons on 3s so its the way to go brohope you are all good man........peace

RC Racer
    I use the full clutch as well, started with the pads only and smoked them, actually warped the plate. Have not had a problem with the new clutch just had to tighten it up one time in about 30 or so runs.
    Stampede 4x4 vxl w/ MMP/2400kv, Mini E-Revo

RC Qualifier
    I use the full setup because my system has got lots of torque on 2s and tons on 3s so its the way to go brohope you are all good man........peace
    Quote Originally Posted by AZAD View Post
    I use the full clutch as well, started with the pads only and smoked them, actually warped the plate. Have not had a problem with the new clutch just had to tighten it up one time in about 30 or so runs.
    That's really good news guys since I am doing the full setup as well! So all I need are the stock slipper parts (spring, etc) and part num 5351 and 5352R? Do I have to get anything else?

Yes dude you will have all the parts you need and make sure that you put the pin in the second hole closest to the middle of the slipper shaft and your good to go man.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Yes dude you will have all the parts you need and make sure that you put the pin in the second hole closest to the middle of the slipper shaft and your good to go man.....peace
    Will do man!

Thanks again.

RC Qualifier
    LOL, did you speak from your painful experience? I did, put everything together according to the explode-view from Traxxas website (they tell you to put in the first hole),
    http://traxxas.com/explodedviews/670...ampede-4X4-VXL
    and had to take the already-assembled truck off just to move the pin to the second hole.

RC Racer
    LOL, did you speak from your painful experience? I did, put everything together according to the explode-view from Traxxas website (they tell you to put in the first hole),
    and had to take the already-assembled truck off just to move the pin to the second hole.
    The exploded view indicates that it pertains to 5556 with appropriate pin placement, rather than 5351.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Qualifier
    I understand, but they did not have the information for 5351 option in that spot even they list the 5351 as an option in the diagram.
    I Just wanted to point out a flaw/incomplete diagram.

I just found it looked werid when i first put it together.but then it made sense dude......peace