RC Qualifier

Track Build Problem

So I staked out where my RC Track will go in my pasture. I forgot to leave a spot for me to build a stand type thing along the fence. I have no idea what to do now, whether to move the track over or just place the stand in a place where you might not be able to see part of the track. UHG!!!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Racer
    if it is only staked out just move it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_builder View Post
    if it is only staked out just move it.
    Yup
    Kinda important to be able to see the entire track!
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    Yup
    Kinda important to be able to see the entire track!
    ive seen people build entire tracks and then forget about theplacement with drivers stands. its funny to wwatch them try to figure out the problem. most of the time they have to rebuild the entire track.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jato_builder View Post
    ive seen people build entire tracks and then forget about theplacement with drivers stands. its funny to wwatch them try to figure out the problem. most of the time they have to rebuild the entire track.
    And now it's our turn to laugh at him...hahaha
    Never trust a fart.

RC Qualifier
    Moved all of the stakes and sprayed 5 Gallons of weed killer over where the track will be. I have about 6 Ft before the track starts to build a stand, and it isn't going to be that impressive because my dad said there is no need if there wont be people over everyday. Anyways, it should be a good way to practice my rc racing. Who knows... maybe I will be pro someday!
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    You gotta start somewhere. If you dont build HUGE jumps and berms you really dont need to be THAT high up to see what your doing. Even something the height of a table (im not suggest you stand on a table) would be enough and it only needs to be big enough for 2-3 people.

I was at an RC event where they used a flat bed tractor trailer as the drivers stand. worked great. Maybe you could find an old utility trailer to jack up on a frame or something.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Well, if I find the wood for it or get some money, I am just going to build a cheap elevated stand out of wood. I am most likely not going to make the jumps too big either. Here is a little picture I made on my PC that shows what the track looks like. It is probably 7ft wide and it will be a fast track. Oh, the drivers stand will be much smaller than in the picture, it is just going in that general area.

Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Champion
    This is a case where wood pallets are your friend. You can build a nice 4' high stand with only 9 pallets. If you have a lumber yard in your area, they sometime's will give away the cut's they do not use.
    *Proud Husband of United state's Air Force wife.*

RC Qualifier
    Well, if I find a good deal on wood then I will take it. I could always just stand on my fence or somethin also.
    Dirt Slingerz Racing
    Slash VXL - Summit

RC Qualifier
    Craigslist will usually have some sort of wood for free, be it fire wood or in bad condition.. Just an idea..
    Never trust a fart.