RC Enthusiast

What have you broke on your revo today?

what have you broke today

RC Racer
    Nothing. I haven't driven it.... I figure if it doesn't move, it don't break! And if it ain't broke... fix it till it is!
    If it ain't broke, fix it till it is! BB Revo

RC Racer
    Broke my front rhs a arm

RC Racer
    stripped a spur gear and ripped my pull start cord completely out of the motor...lol...cheers

RC poster
    Last night I broke the primary shaft in my transmission on a Revo 3.3 converted to brushless. Come to find out that you can't just buy the shaft, you have to buy a whole mess of stuff you don't need for $26, I heard someone say that Traxxas designed this part to break before the gears, well that'd be fine and all, except that the gears costs half the price...

RC Racer
    fail safe on opti drive kept playing up and kept cutting out my throttle/brakes causing me to run straight into a mesquite bush resulting in ripping the side wall on my stock tires ah well time to put the badlands back on

RC Enthusiast

Cool

The bulkheads, the spur gear, the left servo teeth, and the chassis is bent. Well, I find the chassis WAAAYYY to thin. My cyborg RAT 7 has the same thickness.
    Revo 3.3 #5309. 25% Nitro fuel.

RC Racer
    the transmission output shaft

RC Qualifier
    Check out post #148 in the Revo Video Gallery and post #29 in the Revo Galley 2. Now i have to decide if i want to get RPM Tru-Trac or if i just do RMP hubs till i break A Arms. Funny thing is ive landed that jump 1000 times at least and that 1 weird bad landing it explodes lol. But i have a feeling it may have cracked from a bad landing that resulted in a tie rod being pull out of its thread, bending a push rod and over extending the axle to where it separated. It was on the exact same corner the hub broke.....
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC poster
    I bought some new heavier springs for my shocks and was doing some spring cleaning on my revo. When I pulled the motor off the motor mount it crumbled in to pieces. Fun stuff now its time for another trip to the hobby store.

RC Racer
    http://s1104.photobucket.com/user/mi...00205.mp4.html

not a happy camper busted piston and connecting rod

RC Competitor
    I broke the exhaust header pipe

RC Racer
    Took it to the race track for the very first time, managed to break a tooth of the spur gear. The eclip fell off the clutch bell and lost a bearing out of it as well. But all easy fixed :-)

RC Qualifier
    I think ive broke my Revo's heart. Its almost been a month since i broke my Revo and shelved it for my electric Short Course Rusty that i built. I swear my Revo whines and whimpers a lil when im packing up the SCR to go to the track or to go outside and just do test runs for gearing set ups or ESC changes ect... I did promose my Revo after the Traction Showdown i would fix her up and go burn off a couple tanks of nitro.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Competitor
    Still working on it, mine's so sturdy nowdays that I can fail as many jumps and double back/front flips I want but she won't let me have bench/quality time with her... Soon I will ram my truck into a concrete wall...

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    I broke my header also today
    Last edited by slayer17; 04-24-2013 at 06:04 PM.

RC Competitor
    Broke the piston arm...AGAIN! All glory to the truck itself but the engine...urgh!

Skickat från min LT18i via Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    I took the Revo out the other day after finally breaking in a new engine. Found a nice dirt pile to get some air off of and ended up bending a rear driveshaft and melting a spur gear.

Rustler, Slash 2wd
    Slayer Pro, Revo 3.3

RC Qualifier
    Chewed up some gears and a CB bearing ... and had a blast doing it
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

RC Racer
    I didn't break anything but I ordered a new motor because my 3.3 can't hold a tune.... Yay no more traxxas motor. I've always been an hpi person, but the revo is so much fun. I just can't stand their engines.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

RC Racer
    then you must not know how to tune an engine bro trx 3.3 is a solid engine easier to tune then the 4.6 and i dont know what i broke on my revo today but i definitley broke something lol

RC Racer
    I know how to tune an engine.. Been using them for 15 years now. Its not me. Its Def my engine. I'm ok with that, got a new one.. Not a 3.3 though yay

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RC Racer
    Broke a wheel in half while breaking in the new engine.. The last tank was fun though. Went to the hobby store cause I remembered they had some wheels they took off some new trucks for sale and ended up getting these for 30 bucks.

RC poster
    Split a connecting rod which went through the piston...

That's my 2nd rod!

RC Racer
    Well.. I didn't break my revo, it broke me! I ended up trading it for a baja 5t :-( i couldn't say no, fiscally. I was burning a half gallon a week, and it was a great trade so its done. But i miss it.

RC Racer
    Stripped my spur gear smooth! Picco max is beast!

RC Competitor
    i to snapped my primary shaft in the tranny

RC Qualifier
    canadain eh... been thru 2 con rods as well. this last 3.3 has been great...3rd times a charm
    This was the first,tried to exit the bottom of the case. Second one looked more like yours...top of the piston was gone
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by PEDE-OFF; 06-27-2013 at 06:51 AM.

RC poster
    Hey pede!

The first rod that went, I was lucky and nothing got damaged beside the rod!

Just got that motor back together $75bucks later and finished the first break in tank!

Are the os21 that much better, reliable and more power? Worth the money???

No pics as the parts went to the trash. Went to drive today and after starting the engine watched the HSN needle (of the Losi carb) turn itself in. Pulled the o-ring off and found it was cracked and split. The clutch bell wasn't spinning smoothly so the engine came out with the intent to replace the bearings. Found a broken clutch shoe but the bearings spun very smoothly. Replaced it and had one of those bird brain moments which I DO NOT RECOMMEND...In the end I have two more broken shoes and a severely stretched the spring.
    For the Losi o-ring kit, I have been scouring the internet and every place but one had them on backorder except for one spot; ordered two. Bought new clutch shoes too so now my Revo is down for a week and it is supposed to be beautiful out.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    chewed up the reverse spline in the tranny.

are there upgrades for the revo tranny at all

RC Racer
    Didn't put the throttle return spring on after cleaning the truck...The worst thing that can happen is a runaway man...nothing u can do except wait for it to crash into something or flip over somehow. I managed to turn it around and bring it toward me but it hit the drive way and flipped like 9x. Messed my body all up, and fuel was spitting out everywhere. Suffered a bent header...guess I'll upgrade to a sidepipe for the picco.

RC Competitor
    blew the 3.3 today split the rod in two. i know there are other motors that fit but which ones fits with the ez start stuff

RC Qualifier
    my throttle servo just went out today out of nowhere. Sucks