RC poster

Question Stampede 4x4 battery - Black Magic vs. Traxxas

I was wondering on your opinion on which battery I should get.

I have managed to narrow it down to two options:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/black-ma...roducts/371915
    (Black Magic)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-...roducts/366335 (Traxxas)

I know the Black Magic is cheaper and has more capacity as well as a higher C rating, but I've never heard of the company and i would lose the traxxas customer support, also I am not sure about the reliability of the Black Magic.

let me know your opinion.
    Last edited by 952mrawesome; 04-01-2013 at 02:29 PM.

RC Champion
    Traxxas batteries are excellent, but very expensive IMO. I think the Black Magic would be worth a shot given their lower price point...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    OK, i think i'll go for the black magic's, they are a lot cheaper.

Your links don't work. Besides that comparing Lipo specs is often a case of apples and oranges. Traxxas Lipos are known for their conservative specifications while others sometimes exaggerate.
    Traxxas and SPC are known for their quality and honesty with specs. Traxxas is more expensive but you get a lot of support for it. It's just a matter what you find most important. Price? Quality? Service?

Best value for money according to my personal experience: SPC.
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC poster
    I've fixed the links now (I think).

RC Champion
    Links are working now. I think the Black Magic batt may be for a 1/16 application, just by the pic..

But I will +1 SPC, I have 4 batts, and am on the waiting list for the mini packs. Definitely the best bang for the buck.
    Everything overpowered...

Because you live in the uk check with modelsport to see that you get traxxas support and if so get them if not go black magic dude and modelsport rocks too i use them for most of my stuff if not wheelspin......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by QYKSLVR View Post
    Links are working now. I think the Black Magic batt may be for a 1/16 application, just by the pic..

But I will +1 SPC, I have 4 batts, and am on the waiting list for the mini packs. Definitely the best bang for the buck.
    i have been looking into the spc's and they look very good, but is there anywhere reliable I can get them from in the UK?

Also, spenniepoos, I totally agree with you. In the uk wheelspin and modelsport are the way to go, it's just that wheelspin does not have as many lipo's as modelsport.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-02-2013 at 04:01 PM. Reason: merge

No dude only from the usa so it may cost a bit more to get them and have a good look on ebay uk there are some sweet packs for a few quid man......peace

RC poster
    Oh, ok. I don't really like shipping from the USA because the shipping almost always costs more than the actual product. I will look on eBay.

Nope, just looked on eBay and when I searched spc lipo and things like that the only results were electric drill batteries. I guess I'll get the black magic.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-03-2013 at 08:41 AM. Reason: merge

Dude go on giant shark.co.uk and get some gens ace packs they will be a lot better than the black magic packs with a higher c rating .....peace