Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: whats the deal?

RC Racer
    that isnt a great example harry nascar/formula 1 and drag cars have no tread at all (only for rain on f 1) the smallest dif in alignment would send a nascar into wall at 214 mph. trying to aply full scale physics to these small things is tuff. not many full scale cars or trucks run 3 deg rear toe or 30 deg of front caster the would deff not stay on road setting these things up close as i can to real world physics is working realy good for me look like none of outhers everone looking at my truck trying to see how im cheating (im not) even full scale sc trucks are set up way diff. then these

these things boggle me so much im in the pros. of building a large scale slash (one i can drive) its going to be around 1200 pounds with a 300 hp sti motor in the rear. i will post pics and a vid
    Last edited by cooleocool; 04-04-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: merge

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    yeah thats pretty cool but what im doing is reverse scaling making a around 5/1 scale slash rear engine too was going to use rx7 engine but subaru is stronger and want close to same power to weight

RC Champion
    I wounder if Traxxas might try that with a full size funny car???? Watch out John Force!!!! LOL
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by superslasher View Post
    that isnt a great example harry nascar/formula 1 and drag cars have no tread at all (only for rain on f 1) the smallest dif in alignment would send a nascar into wall at 214 mph. trying to aply full scale physics to these small things is tuff. not many full scale cars or trucks run 3 deg rear toe or 30 deg of front caster the would deff not stay on road setting these things up close as i can to real world physics is working realy good for me look like none of outhers everone looking at my truck trying to see how im cheating (im not) even full scale sc trucks are set up way diff. then these

Actually, it was a really good example. True drag cars and Indy cars, even Nascar use tires with no tread under prime conditions. Main reason is that they're running on pavement. Also, these slicks you're referring to aren't your everyday street tire design or rubber compound either.You're attempting to compare apples to oranges. According to your logic, a Formula car would win races with BF Goodrich AT's if the wheel alignment specs were on.

The reason you don't see such extreme wheel alignment specs on full-sized cars is because you're working with regular old passenger cars for the most part. They're made to handle as neutral as possible to handle all the little minor bumps and curves in the roads we travel on a daily basis. No extreme terrains like jumps, whoops, berms,etc. If you were to take a look at a 1:1 CORR truck, I think you would start to see some more drastic toe, camber, and caster angles that a 2012 Toyota Camry.

Full scale physics apply for the most part to r/c. You just seem to be wanting to compare a full sized daily driver to an off road race-oriented r/c car. Or even a full-sized on road or straight-line race car to an off road r/c truck. In that case, yes, things are gonna be a whole lot different on the alignment bench. But take a purpose-built 1:1 on road race car and compare it to an r/c of the same category (touring car for example)and I'm sure you will see a lot more similarities than comparing a Slash to Jeff Gordon's race car.

RC Racer
    a slash compared to a full scale 2wd sct is way way diff they have solid rear axcels and way less caster i made a nother post that i was making a 5/1 scale slash set exactly the same i want to see what it feels like to drive i have driven a full scale one
    Last edited by superslasher; 04-03-2013 at 06:42 PM.

a slash compared to a full scale 2wd sct is way way diff they have solid rear axcels and way less caster i made a nother post that i was making a 5/1 scale slash set exactly the same i want to see what it feels like to drive i have driven a full scale one
    I understand those points. What I'm getting at is that if you took, let's say a Toyota Tundra-based CORR truck, and put it on an alignment bench, do you think that the specs are gonna be anywhere in the vicinity of a standard 2013 Toyota Tundra?

RC Racer
    not even close im just looking to deep thats why im building a 5/1 slash looks crazy on my cad

not even close im just looking to deep thats why im building a 5/1 slash looks crazy on my cad
    Now that is something I would like to see!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Hope you can get some pics/vids posted,^^^^me too!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Racer
    go to youtube there is a vid of a long travel buggy its close to what im building

go to youtube there is a vid of a long travel buggy its close to what im building
    The number of Youtube videos is almost endless,I can't speak for everyone else,but I would really like to see yours.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC Racer
    when its done new to this upload download thing on pc's

RC Racer
    just type in long travel buggy its pretty cool

RC Champion
    I too am looking forward to seeing your 1/5 scale long travel buggy/sand car....

Something like these correct?

"enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    they are sweet but mine will have engine in back like slash and its a 5/1 slash

RC Champion
    The pics above do have the engines in the Slash....

Looking forward to seeing your new scaled Slash build
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    orca I mean way in back just like slash keep looking should be ready for pics about two months my fiends think im crazy but im 50 tuns of money and board

RC Champion
    Most of the big sand cars now days have the engines behind the rear axles.
    "enjoy your ride"

Dennis

RC Racer
    i see more mid then rear there are a few v6 chevy rear engines i run with