Thread: Wheel wells

RC Racer

Wheel wells

Does anyone sell plastic wheel well kit??

If not im gonna build a set out of fiberglass.. I'll post up some pictures if thats the case, and maybe make a few sets to sell

But i need to if anyone is already making them

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i've been thinking of doing this but never got around with it. it will probably help eliminate the air creates by the wheels spinning fast.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    well as far as i searched i can't find anyway, so ill be making my own, if their easy to make ill make a few sets

It'll help not only with air/wind but will help protect everything from rocks and stuff as well,

But with doing that your taking 85% of the airflow out of the car, so im gonna have to throw a few fans on the motor and probably mount one off the center brace and aim it towards the ESC

RC Racer
    I've thought about doing this a while back but never really got the chance or time to do it. Hope yours turn out well. Keep us posted on your work.

RC Champion
    I had this idea after the first time I ran my XO-1 well over a year ago. I've come up with ways to do it, but lack the necessary equipment at this time.
    Jeremy

RC Qualifier
    Can you post a drawing,what exactly you mean, pls? I think to make a cover for the rear wheels is no problem but for the front, since they are moving from left/ right is not easy...

RC Racer
    your thinking of the right thing icca, for it to work you have to build it off the plastic pieces on the chassis, i came up with a layout that still allows everything to function (shocks, turning the wheels, and tirods) ill post some pics when i get the chance to build them though, the material ill be using is fiberglass.. work has been busy so i havent had much time to work on personal things

RC Champion
    The trick will be where and how to mount them. Just depends on how they're made. Maybe one day I'll design some.
    Jeremy

RC Racer
    actually mounting it is gonna be easy, i will have the both front and rear wheel wells all on one piece, that fold down around the wheel and then run along your body tunnels, as far as holding it down, i will use stock holes, but i will put longer screws that hold down the body tunnels and then put nut on top of the screw to hold the wheel well assembly in place

RC Qualifier
    too much work involved only to crash and burn and have to start from scratch all over again
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

RC Racer
    its fiberglass so once you have one piece made, its super easy to make others, just lay a piece of wax paper down and then fiberglass over the original pieces you could probably make 4 of them in a little less than a hour