Thread: Rear A Arms

RC poster

Rear A Arms

Hi All, i am newbie when it comes to r/c's and a newbie when it comes to nitro's. I just recently picked up a nitro slash and the fun factor is just awesome! i can't believe i didn't pick this up sooner. i guess better late than not at all.

now, on to my question. I have a a screw on the rear "a" arm that is potruding out (under the gear box and rear of the r/c) it's looks like the whole battery pack, tranmission are on top of it. What would be the easiest way to get access to this screw nut to re tighten it up?

Thanks in advance!

RC Racer
    Here's a link to he exploded views page for the nitro slash. See if you can find it there.... http://traxxas.com/products/models/n...lash-downloads
    Welcome to the hobby! You'll learn to take your truck apart blind-folded in no time lol

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSlash View Post
    Here's a link to he exploded views page for the nitro slash. See if you can find it there.... http://traxxas.com/products/models/n...lash-downloads
    Welcome to the hobby! You'll learn to take your truck apart blind-folded in no time lol
    lol thanks for the warm welcome! im going to have to study this exploded parts pic! this is super detailed to say the least!

taking it apart is the easy part, putting it back together....well another for me! haha....i will give it a try though tomorrow after work....will keep you updated!

RC Enthusiast
    Flip the truck upside down and right beside the loose pin your talking about will be 2 Phillips screws take them out and remove the lower shock screw and the arm will slide out so you can tighten it and be sure to use lock tight on it or you will be doing this again. When putting it back together you may have noticed a little wedge fell out just remember the thin part of the wedge goes to the back of the truck. Hope this helps.
    Thx,Don

RC poster
    thanks Nitro head! I figured it out! quite simpler than I thought. btw, which Loctite would you recommend? there are quite a few different ones.

RC Enthusiast
    I use the medium..
    Thx,Don