RC Enthusiast

shock advice ...

looking for suggestions on shocks ... bashing/jumping .... maybe some racing. pro line or traxxas big bore ?? something else ?? thanks guys. scott

Most people go with the Track's big bores. The Pro line shocks are really good also. Why do you want new shocks? You can upgrade the stock shocks with the TiNi shafts and the aluminum shock caps. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Wolfslash16; 04-01-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Qualifier
    Yup, no issues with the stock shocks for the basher / casual racer. Add caps and shafts and you are all set. Lots of springs to choose from as well.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    the older smaller big bores have worked very well for me. They can handle large jumps(not huge) and are smoooooth. I am sure the gtr big bores are just as smooth but beefier. How much are ya gonna spend, and how bad are ya gonna abuse them?

Another option not mentioned are the losi 10t shocks, which everyone that buys them, loves them.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    Yup, no issues with the stock shocks for the basher / casual racer. Add caps and shafts and you are all set. Lots of springs to choose from as well.
    I agree here. I haven't upgraded the shafts yet, but upgrading to aluminum shock caps and going to 40wt shock oil has been perfect for some hard bashing

RC Champion
    Just as rag6 said, I would consider the losi 10t shocks. They hold up well and can be found cheap on eBay. I've used them for racing on my slash, but now they are on the p4de and will stay.
    Stampede 4x4
    Anza Slash VXL
    Rustler VXL

RC Champion
    I use stock ultra shocks with alum caps and TiNi shafts. For mostly bashing, they're as good as any other shocks I have.

RC Enthusiast
    i was thinking proline or something along those lines because of being able to turn down the spring adjuster rather than having to carry around the spacers the stock shocks use.... ill look into the losi 10t shocks

i was thinking proline or something along those lines because of being able to turn down the spring adjuster rather than having to carry around the spacers the stock shocks use.... ill look into the losi 10t shocks
    You don't want to use the spacers, get the new Traxxas GTR shocks from the slash 4x4. The have the threaded spring collar and shock body so you won't need spring clips.
    Sl2sh Slayer Summit Sl4sh Teton/Rally T-Maxx Pnde

RC Enthusiast
    awesome .... thanks guys ....... ill look into that wolfslash

RC Qualifier
    i took the bigbores that came with mine off and sold them and put stockers back on...
    that should say something

Look at hpi vorza shocks or caster racing big bores fronts all round both of these can take such a kickin its unreal......peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    i took the bigbores that came with mine off and sold them and put stockers back on...
    that should say something
    It says nothing if you don't give your reason.
    Surely you are not suggesting that the stock Ultra shocks have superior performance versus the Traxxas Big Bore shocks? While I believe in everyone going their own way, the overwhelming majority would consider that opinion to have little or no basis. If that is indeed your contention, then I'll say that you are wrong, plain and simple.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Yeah my big bores rock you did not set them up very well or you would still have them on your truck dude try 50wt oil and use stock springs and you will love them bro.........peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Qualifier
    I have always preferred higher wt shock oils vs. lower wt's because it makes the shocks feel smoother, absorb bigger impacts, and I am not always dragging my rear skids on the ground and slapping the chassis off jumps!you might appreciate the ultra shocks with a higher oil wt... just a suggestion
    You ain't bashin unless your crashin!!