RC poster

spur gear question

need advise on my spur gear, well my slipper clutch went out and bought a replacement, when i took it apart to replace it i found out that my spur gear melted where the screws that hold the pads are at, my question is, would it be wise to get a steel spur gear or go back with the plastic?

keep the plastic spur gear they are cheap to replace for only a couple $'s at the price of a steel spur. you would find you destroy your pinions very fast like that and pinions are more money than spurs are and you have a problem some where like in your tranny, driveline and not know because of the spur being steel its plastic for a reason i've learned and seen the damage from a steel spur not nice and its very pricey replacing things that didnt need it if it were plastic
    DEU 8:18 ESV

Go back with plastic, its cheaper and takes less time to change out a spur then remove & open the trany to see what got eaten after using a steel spur.

If you melted thr spur mounting points then your getting too much slipping.

Make sure the spring washers are like this () & not like this )( when you put it back together, and use a new nyloc nut going back together.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC poster
    thanks for the advise guys i will do that then ill go back to the plastic, thanks again

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I am sure you know newer models have a spring and lock nut not the spring washer

Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    I am sure you know newer models have a spring and lock nut not the spring washer
    Your right, I had a brain fart.
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!