RC Competitor

Question Pleased DeWalt owner. But have question

Ok i did the upgrade and now have the deWalt and I am very pleased that I did it. My question is, I have a Integy dual motor fan with heat sink on the the deWalt. Does anyone know of a way to keep it from sliding around on the motor?

RC Champion
    I took two small thin zip ties and ran them between the cooling fins and under the fan. I think I had to use four come to think of it. Small thin zip ties are not that long. So if need be, put two together to make one long one then thread it under the fan.

It seems to hold my fan in place.

RC Competitor
    Got another question, Does any one think that http://buy.traxxas.com/advanced_sear...?partnum=3997X would hold the DeWalt motor? I would like to use it so I have a dust cover.

RC Champion
    You will still have to do some cutting to hold the DeWalt but thats exactly what I did. I also got the single motor gear cover.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by M n M View Post
    You will still have to do some cutting to hold the DeWalt but thats exactly what I did. I also got the single motor gear cover.
    You could also get the Dusty Motors or Outerwears covers - they cover the whole chassis area and the Dusty Motors one has a zipper for easy access.
    What broke, uh, needs upgrading now?