RC Racer

Angry Lipo + Titan 550 = Bad combination

Moral to the story is lipos get to sit the shelf for a while. I babied the crap out of it wen it was running and still blew up. Guess I will have to use NiMh until mm2 arrives

RC Champion
    Yep, you're definitely going to toast the 550 faster on LiPo power than NiMh. More amperage + more consistent power curve = shorter brushed motor life.

Time to go brushless my friend!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    When is your mm2 suppose to arrive? My mm2 was suppose to arrive last Friday now it will be this Monday because the FedEx driver couldn't find my home due to the private road and no GPS reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout150 View Post
    When is your mm2 suppose to arrive? My mm2 was suppose to arrive last Friday now it will be this Monday because the FedEx driver couldn't find my home due to the private road and no GPS reception.
    that is strange you know they usually check to make sure they have the route mapped and get GPS there if not they print out the map then. this is what they explained to me atleast from UPS that is not sure if FEDEX does that.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

It is very hard to find a place with poor GPS reception. Urban and natural canyons have poor reception, so do the Poles. Are you anywhere like that?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Competitor
    Steep Missouri valley's. FedEx uses mapquest to do routes and my house doesn't come up correctly on mapquest. I called and I had to give specific directions to my house. I've never had a problem with ups.

RC Racer
    back ordered so idont really now where it will ship out.

RC Competitor
    ive heard people have been waiting months on back order for there combo kit. i hope you get it soon.

RC Racer
    Where did they order there's from?

RC Racer
    I gave up on the mamba ever shipping. Ordered the hobbywing and tacon setup. Next morning I got word the mamba shipped and I will have it Monday. Cancelled my order for the others and am like a kid at Christmas waiting.

RC Competitor
    i think from towerhobbies im not sure which companies. and all my local hobbies shops have a waiting list. due to the back order issues.

RC Competitor
    wander how the 775 motor would hold up to lipos? would it do better?

RC Competitor
    I just installed my mm2! I ran it for 25 min on 4s lipos does great and still have half a charge on batteries too. I'll never get a brushed motor again.

I just installed my mm2! I ran it for 25 min on 4s lipos does great and still have half a charge on batteries too. I'll never get a brushed motor again.
    lol thats what everyone says when they get brushless its a total different fun when you have brushless over brushed i like brushed for crawling mostly thats about it but i get to do it with my brushless system even just not as good but does ok.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Competitor
    I can't wait till day light! I could barely see my maxx in the dark tonight. And I was still having a blast.

RC Racer
    Hopefully I have better luck from towerhobbies

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    LiPo's do not inherently damage brushed motors. The heat associated with long runtimes is what typical damages brushed motors when running LiPo packs.

RC Competitor
    I destroyed 4 titans on second run when I switched to lipos. I don't think they mix well either.

RC Racer
    Mm2 shipped out today only had to wait 6 days on backorder. Should have it by Tuesday

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
    LiPo's do not inherently damage brushed motors. The heat associated with long runtimes is what typical damages brushed motors when running LiPo packs.
    +1. Its not the Lipo that takes out the motor, its a lack of observation. You are getting higher voltages for longer periods of time. This equals more heat and shorter life of your motors. You can compensate for this is gearing so putting less stress on the motors or use a little common sense and check temps more often. I have been running 2x2s lipos in my 3905 for nearly 2 years on the same motors.
    " TRX3922a doesnt snap " IT SHATTERS !!!

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunamonkey View Post
    Mm2 shipped out today only had to wait 6 days on backorder. Should have it by Tuesday
    Sweet you be really impressed. I love it I cant quit driving mine. I'm getting 50 mins drive time also. I just let the motor cool down after 20 mins or so.