RC Qualifier

Lipo's in mamba monster 2

I will be getting a brushless system soon my stock system cant handle lipos.... for the guys running like 4s or6s are you running two batteries at a time in the truck? Can the system handle it or are you just running on battery
    The smartest person, asks the most questions...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    its made to handle up to 6s lipo in total, so you can run up to (2)3s lipos, most people run 4s, 6s is a bit too hard on the driveline.

i like to run only 4s good mix of speed and power and doesnt break much if anything.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Qualifier
    I run 6S, conservatively (2 x 3S LIPOs in series). True, it will wreak havoc on your truck but its all how you drive.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    i like to run only 4s good mix of speed and power and doesnt break much if anything.
    X2. The stress from 4s to 6s is incredible I can run 4s all day long but 6s; I honestly haven't run through a full battery cycle before something has broken already.

Btw, I run dual battery packs in series. Haven't tried 1 large 4 or 6 ( or know if u can or not)

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaxx2theMaxx View Post
    X2. The stress from 4s to 6s is incredible I can run 4s all day long but 6s; I honestly haven't run through a full battery cycle before something has broken already.

Btw, I run dual battery packs in series. Haven't tried 1 large 4 or 6 ( or know if u can or not)
    I'm guessing you would need a pretty big battery hold down.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

you can run a single 4s or 6s but its will be way too even on weight but you have to use velcro straps to hold down the battery

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The 3908 is designed to run in series. Wont even turn on with only one battery connected

the MMM/MMM2 can be ran on just 1 battery if you cap off the non BEC side i think it is. have seen it done there are pics around here or the e revo forum about it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    i was talking in stock form
    you cap as in connect the two terminals on the side with the red lead
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-31-2013 at 06:14 PM.

you use a connector say like a traxxas connector wire to both tabs then put on the lead from the esc so its the RED one 50togo? so is that the BEC side?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    when i ran an external bec i took the power off the other side and the red side would cause a meltdown

then i would just rewire the esc then to run a single lipo take off the series and make a series connector instead as i did works great then. i used 10g wire

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    why would you do that? less wire the better

true but if you want to run a single 4s or even a single 6s at one point then it will work out. Like i mentioned though it will be alot of weight over on just 1 side of the maxx and cause steering problems

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    true but if you want to run a single 4s or even a single 6s at one point then it will work out. Like i mentioned though it will be alot of weight over on just 1 side of the maxx and cause steering problems
    It would tip alot because of the weight of one huge battery unless you have a really wide stance.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

i would mount it in the middle then lol if i had a way to fit and then put the esc in the battery tray not sure if the motor would allow clearance though for a huge pack like that. my packs are a little thin so it wouldnt even be the same size as a 4s pack.