Thread: Wheelie Bar

RC poster

Wheelie Bar

Hey, I keep breaking my wheelie bars, 2 of them now at $18.99 a piece...

Is there any upgrade to that wheelie bar? I need something tough... With the Pro-Line Trenchers that machine is on it's top more then on the wheels...

RC Racer
    I kept breaking them also, then put on rpm bumpers and they no longer fit. I used a piece of aluminum plate and a broken bar. Took all of the original pivots out and drilled and tapped holes in the aluminum so it is now the pivot. Drilled three holes in the middle and three matching in the skid plate. Three screws with washers and nuts. Havent broken one since.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    how do you break them? when bashing you should really take the wheelie bar off

RC Champion
    Wow, those wheelie bars are pretty strong. I've never broke one.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I run integy single wheel, it is all metal, and adjustable. Not cheap, but I like it. I know "integy", but it supports the weight of my truck pretty good,also it is installed between the RPM,and the metal skid so it has more support.

Last edited by RC-Fan; 03-31-2013 at 04:32 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Fan View Post
    What shocks are you running? Those look sick! Do I need RPM and Metal skid plate for that wheelie bar? I was looking for more of a double wheel one as I run on snow and sand a lot...

I use the single wheel from Integy as well but mine is the older style but works good.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Those are 1/8 d8 buggy shocks, and you don't need additional parts to install the wheelie bar since it is made to fit with the stock parts.

RC Qualifier
    I like the T-Bone Racing Rear Bumper with the included Wheelie Bar....really tough !

RC Champion
    I run integy single wheel, it is all metal, and adjustable. Not cheap, but I like it. I know "integy", but it supports the weight of my truck pretty good,also it is installed between the RPM,and the metal skid so it has more support.

Is there a version of that wheelie bar for the revo? The one I saw looks different. (the silver part)
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Yes, there are different version of it, but the one for the erevo is a bit different.

RC Champion
    Yes, there are different version of it, but the one for the erevo is a bit different.
    Yeah that one looks stronger than the e-revo one.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

mine is thicker than the newer model as RC-Fan posted, RC-Fan have you ever left your wheelie bar on when offroading? or small jumps? I assume you have never broke it right?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    mine is thicker than the newer model as RC-Fan posted, RC-Fan have you ever left your wheelie bar on when offroading? or small jumps? I assume you have never broke it right?
    I would like to know too because i'm not gonna be taking it off..
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

I wouldnt take mine off either which is why when i put it on i was expecting it to break maybe the second time i ran it you know INTEGY!!! lol but surprising its hold up good for now even some hard hits on jumps i know this is the older model and looks like it has more reforcements on it than the wheelie bar RC-Fan has on his though i do like the wheel on his just a little too thin for my liking.

RC Champion
    I wouldnt take mine off either which is why when i put it on i was expecting it to break maybe the second time i ran it you know INTEGY!!! lol but surprising its hold up good for now even some hard hits on jumps i know this is the older model and looks like it has more reforcements on it than the wheelie bar RC-Fan has on his though i do like the wheel on his just a little too thin for my liking.
    Think I'll give the ingey wheelie bar a shot next time I got $30.

EDIT: Just saw this for the revo, kinda interesting.
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...3#.UVj9Vxwp9bQ
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 03-31-2013 at 10:22 PM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Think I'll give the ingey wheelie bar a shot next time I got $30.

EDIT: Just saw this for the revo, kinda interesting.
    http://www.integy.com/st_prod.html?p...3#.UVj9Vxwp9bQ
    that sure is interesting with the springs in there and the wheel i have on mine is similar in size too but with rubber though and the lower part of the wheelie bar looks like how mine is, only thing is if the springs will hold up is the question since we all know how cheap they can be on their stuff but replacement of those might be good and helps absorb the shock of the wheelie

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    It is always on, I never take it off, unless when I take apart the truck for cleaning.

RC Champion
    that sure is interesting with the springs in there and the wheel i have on mine is similar in size too but with rubber though and the lower part of the wheelie bar looks like how mine is, only thing is if the springs will hold up is the question since we all know how cheap they can be on their stuff but replacement of those might be good and helps absorb the shock of the wheelie
    I like the wheel on it but I'm not sure I;m a fan fo the overall look, thats one thing I hate about the traxxas wheelie bar, its dual wheel and looks ugly.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

It is always on, I never take it off, unless when I take apart the truck for cleaning.
    so you do what i do then leave it on, hows the wheel been holding up on it. I thought about using the traxxas wheel bar but hoping they would make an aluminum wheelie bar maybe some day and improve a little perhaps. i would have to use the plastic first which i will on my next buy for my emaxx

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Most of the time I run off-road, dirt, and grass, so far great.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would think one bad landing would tweak even the strongest bracket

RC Champion
    Just get a wing. It will
    Even help protect the truck with those landings on the roof.