Thread: Racing 3.3

RC Qualifier

Racing 3.3

Well I found a ss mods crank and this is were the engine started, it has new piston and sleeve and a bulked up connecting rod. Every thing from the bearings to the block is new, but I'm going to put a os carb on it after its done being broken in but do you think the crank will affect the break in??? The carb is a stock 3.3 traxxas carb that is set for break in. Would I make it a little more rich?? What do you guys think thanks!

RC Qualifier
    My last question is: it seems like the engine had great amount of pinch ( with the piston and sleeve) I mean it has pretty good compression but it seems like other engines I've had have had more??? Any thoughts on that?? Also it does have a little after run oil in it because I used it as like a pre lube
    Thanks John

The crank shouldn't have any effect on the breakin of thr P/S.
    On my 2.5's the "stock settings" are too lean, so be sure to get temp up over 200f & under 270f during breakin.

A little ARO in the cylinder before first start up is a good thing.

Heat it up wth a hair drier and let'er rip!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Qualifier
    Ok we'll I started to break it in Sunday and to day it got to the second tank but I forgot the body !! I've never done this!! Do you think it will affect it it was around 200 not much higher is that ok?? Most all of the engines I've broken in have been about 220 or 230 should I redo a tank?? Any ideas??
    Thanks lol

RC Champion
    Break in temps should be between 200-220. Heat cycle the engine, allowing the engine to cool after every tank

Quote Originally Posted by Kyleb View Post
    Break in temps should be between 200-220. Heat cycle the engine, allowing the engine to cool after every tank
    210-270 are acceptable break in temps.... I prefer to be on the warmer side during break in myself,,, allowing full expansion of the case, piston and sleeve...

+1000 on letting the engine cool... The break in process is a heat cycling method.
    Robin Williams
    He will be greatly missed...

RC poster
    The crank will have little difference for a break in setting. With that one you can strategy at stock and just go from there.