RC Enthusiast

The usual Stampede story?

Got this Stampede in Afghanistan as an xl-5 model,nothing special to it at all..The sand chewed through the plastic spur gear,so i upgraded to the metal one...so right now its a 19/90..recently swapped to the vxl
    system and still kept the 19/90 setup.I snapped the rear shock tower by going off a pretty big jump,so i
    upgraded to the RPM one.I installed a locker for it and it was a blast on a 3 cell lipo! Untill i snapped both
    axles Well,i had this junked Jato collecting dust in the closet,With a little trial and error,i got
    the Jato hub carrier to fit on the Stampede Rear arm(Didn't drill or saw or cut) The Jato yokes would not fit the locker so i had to remove the jato yokes and use the steel yokes from the Stampede.So right now im
    running Stampede steel yokes with Jato axles and Jato hub carrier on a Stampede arm with Jato tie rods.
    Ive been using a 3 cell with setup for some time and they its been holding up really well for being a free
    mod, i couldnt be more happy,and im hoping to keep this thread going by trying more parts-configuration on this Stampede from other Traxxas models

We need some pics!!!

Are you using the Jato wheels with you're setup.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Enthusiast
    ya np,once my post count goes up ill be able to post pics..im looking into using the wheels but not sure yet,i only have worked on the rear just yet,but ill be looking at the front here very soon,because it seems like it will go together fairly easy

RC Qualifier
    This sounds interesting. I too would like to see some pics.
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Enthusiast
    what im hoping i can do is use the sway bars when i get the Jato arms installed

RC Enthusiast
    The donor:Traxxas Jato

The normal Stampede setup:

Stampede VS Jato

Jato VS Stampede:

Comparison:

Bad pic but Jato VS Stampede yokes:

Jato tie rod installed:

Jato hub test fit on Stampede arm:

Jato hub installed on Stampede arm:

Jato axle with Stampede steel yoke:
    Last edited by Truth Isnt Here; 03-31-2013 at 03:05 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Jato axle and hub mounted to Stampede rear end:

Jato axle,hub,and tie rod installed:

Stampede with Jato axles,hubs,and tie rods completed:

RC Enthusiast
    that about sums it up,if anyone needs a certain pic let me know

RC Champion
    Wow how much width was added?
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Wow how much width was added?
    Nothing at all yet,the only thing that was done was axle,hub,and tie rod from the Jato...The Stampede arm is still being used
    (As of right now) i will be swapping out the Stampede arm for the Jato arm shortly(Maybe tomorrow) it requires some sanding down,but i might end up sanding down the mounting point on the chassis itself so that way i wont weaken the arm so much.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Isnt Here View Post
    Nothing at all yet,the only thing that was done was axle,hub,and tie rod from the Jato...The Stampede arm is still being used
    (As of right now) i will be swapping out the Stampede arm for the Jato arm shortly(Maybe tomorrow) it requires some sanding down,but i might end up sanding down the mounting point on the chassis itself so that way i wont weaken the arm so much.
    Oh for some reason it looks wider to me.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Oh for some reason it looks wider to me.
    oh no,not yet,but im starting the sanding process tonight after im done with the grill,so i should have the Jato arms on tomorrow and ill do a side by side shot so yall can see it

RC Enthusiast
    Stampede rear arm vs Jato rear arm

Stampede front arm vs Jato rear arm

Jato completed(minus the shock setup) on the left vs the Stampede completed setup on the right

RC Champion
    that looks like its added a bit of width.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    very interesting that the jato hub mounted so easily to the stampede arm. people have been doing jato arm conversions for years but ive never seen anyone just use the hub.... looks alot stronger than the stock stampede hub. maybe this is a whole new idea for stampede upgrades. good work
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Enthusiast
    I have this idea and im hoping it works,i dont want to say what exactly but heres a picture of what im trying to measure out and mount

RC Enthusiast
    Couple side notes:On the rear,the axles are nearly extended all the way out,so i wasnt able to set the truck up for off roading
    and jumping just yet.Even with the arms being level,the axle are pretty extended and im afraid that if they were to bind under a load that i would snap them off..So to remedy this,Im going to my local lhs and do a quick side by side views of the Jato axles vs the Emaxx axles,i would like to run the Emaxx axles so im hoping it gives me the safe length that im looking for..The mounting point for the shocks were way off(kinda)I could drill a small hole in the front of the arm and the shock would mount up pretty straight forward,but i wanted to run it through its original point on the arm so that way i could adjust it like you could any other day.So on this part im running and extended threaded screw/bolt going to the back of the truck,ill mount two spacers from two ruined ball bearings and then mount the shock,then ill seal it off with a lock nut..Now,the tie rod..the Stampede and the Jato tie rods were too short,fully extended they had way too much negative camber that it was a joke.So again,i think i may end up going with the Emaxx tie rods,or if i must,the Revo's tie rods..With the sway bar in the above picture,i got the idea from a slash ultimate,the sway bar on the slash was mounted into the frame with oversized flat heads to hold the sway bar still,so ill use a solder gun and heat two points on the frame(the sway bar wont be touched untill everything is worked out with the rear end first) and while the plastic is hot and melting,ill run two frozen oversized flat head screws from the Traxxas Slash and that should be good enough to allow me to run a sway bar in the rear of the truck.

RC Enthusiast
    Jato front end vs Stampede front end

Yes,the stock castor block from the Stampede fits in the Jato's arm

The shock had to be moved from inside the shock tower,to the outside..if you notice in the pics,the Jato setup actually moved the assembly forward as compared to the Stampede...I ended up using the Stampede tie rod and extended as much as i could and it fit the Jato setup just fine.The Emaxx axles were a definant no-go,they were too wide in diameter,so ill have to figure something out.