Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pede 4x4 MMP users

For those who use the Mamba Max Pro in their Pede and still suffer from the jump start that many of the MMPs have, download the latest firmware from the Castle site. It's finally solved.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Qualifier
    By ''jump start'' you mean the fact that when you gently push the throttle, the RC have a sudden boost and then slow down? I noticed mine was doing this and it was annoying, but I didn't know it was an issue that only some user have...
    Thank for the info I'm definitely updating it :-)

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for the heads-up

1.33 gave me hard throttle glitching. Ended up going back to 1.32

Running a 4pole sensored motor
    Last edited by Shaky17; 03-30-2013 at 06:57 PM.
    Slash 2wd
    Slash 4x4 MT
    P4de Trail

RC Qualifier
    I haven't had any issues with any of the firmwares but thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    I haven't had any issues with any of the firmwares but thanks for the heads up.
    Me either but I am a sucker for new software from Castle so I upgraded mine
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i've ask this awhile back and never really bother uploading the firmware cause i dont have the castle link lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Qualifier
    WOW IT WORKED!!!!
    I confirm this update fixed this issue!! That's so awesome, it was so annoying and now, it work way better I could had imagined!
    I'm so happy, my p4de work better now, thanks for the info, Peterje60!!!

Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    WOW IT WORKED!!!!
    I confirm this update fixed this issue!! That's so awesome, it was so annoying and now, it work way better I could had imagined!
    I'm so happy, my p4de work better now, thanks for the info, Peterje60!!!
    Lol. Glad you are happy with it

I noticed today that I could run slower with the previous firmware. I guess that won't be a big problem to most. It's nice to have it accelerating glitch free.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post

I noticed today that I could run slower with the previous firmware. I guess that won't be a big problem to most. It's nice to have it accelerating glitch free.
    Maybe you could fix this by making a curve like this, mine became easier to run slowly.

Last edited by emmanhello; 04-01-2013 at 03:09 PM.

RC Champion
    I'm waiting for the iPad app.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Zepher, by the time castle has an iPad app, traxxas will have a stampede on the moon.

RC Competitor
    i finally ordered a Castle Link today since I needed an order >$25 on Amazon to get the $4 front diff housing. Been running the MMP 2400 since last year and never done and updating or setting adjustments.
    p4de mmp2400 - stock p4de - wraith

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by __tk__ View Post
    i finally ordered a Castle Link today since I needed an order >$25 on Amazon to get the $4 front diff housing. Been running the MMP 2400 since last year and never done and updating or setting adjustments.
    Castle link is awesome, you can customize so much setting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post

Definitely, speed was much slower with the previous firmware. About half slower...

RC Racer
    IMO, Field Link is the way to go. Often the difference in price is little ($2.34 in my case). When connected to a computer, it offers FULL Castle Link functionality. It's also fun to whip out in front of others.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    IMO, Field Link is the way to go. Often the difference in price is little ($2.34 in my case). When connected to a computer, it offers FULL Castle Link functionality. It's also fun to whip out in front of others.
    I see that there's a usb port, can you connect it to a computer and have access to the MMP with the castle link program?

RC Racer

Yes. The Field Link card acts as as a Castle Link when plugged into the computer. The main cost of a standard Castle Link is the USB cable packaged with it.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 04-03-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

RC Qualifier

Yes. The Field Link card acts as as a Castle Link when plugged into the computer. The main cost of a standard Castle Link is the USB cable packaged with it.
    Sorry I'm sometime blind. Crap! So I paid for the castle link and could have got better for only a few more $.... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE!!

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh PA
    Finally I can switch from v1.26??? Great googly moogly!
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Competitor
    Sorry I'm sometime blind. Crap! So I paid for the castle link and could have got better for only a few more $.... WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE!!
    lol i'm thinking the same thing.. UPS man just dropped off my Castle Link this afternoon. oh well
    p4de mmp2400 - stock p4de - wraith

RC Racer
    Jeepers, now I feel bad. The Field Link is not better, just provides the ability to quickly adjust a few common parameters that are included in the standard C. Link anyway. Honestly, once you set up the ESC with the C. Link, you will be set. <––that sounds kinda redundant, but I'm too lazy to go back and fix it. Really just trying to resolve potential buyers remorse.
    Last edited by doubletapdaddy; 04-03-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Gimme some sugar, baby.

For future searching reference, which version are you referring to peter?

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    For future searching reference, which version are you referring to peter?
    Good point!
    Castle Link version: 3.53.13
    Mamba Firmware: 1.39

I am updating right now for the Saturday mega bash!

v1.39 was a fail for me. Still has the bogging issue like the other beta versions. Back to v 1.26 and all was fine...

v1.39 was a fail for me. Still has the bogging issue like the other beta versions. Back to v 1.26 and all was fine...
    Wow, that is weird. Maybe it has to do with a revision of the MMP hardware.

I have 3 mmp's. 1 of them has a different fan shroud. I will try that (my oldest),one, but I was using an 8 mo old mmp today

I have 3 mmp's. 1 of them has a different fan shroud. I will try that (my oldest),one, but I was using an 8 mo old mmp today
    I had 3 before myself. I sold one in my Bandit/Rustler. Both my Summit (ex-Merv) and 4x4 Pede had the problem and with both it's gone. Both MMP's are older than 1 year. One came with the SCT combo (green decals) and the other one has black decals.

the low end smoothness you were describing is there. Its just that there is a mid range bog down. When it happens, if you let off the throttle and throttle back up the full power comes on. Its very frustrating, and its not a consistent thing. I have the oldest mmp in now and will try 1.39 to see if maybe its a hardware thing...

the low end smoothness you were describing is there. Its just that there is a mid range bog down. When it happens, if you let off the throttle and throttle back up the full power comes on. Its very frustrating, and its not a consistent thing. I have the oldest mmp in now and will try 1.39 to see if maybe its a hardware thing...
    Hmm. That is weird. Can't remember ever experiencing anything like that. I had troubles with the power hungry Savox, but that was gone after I started using an external BEC.
    I am certain that with the new version you can't drive as slow as with the previous version. Good thing with my Summit is that the amount of cogging is reduced to zero.

This newest version is working very well for me as well. I was not having any real issue with he previous versions but this one does seem smoother on the low end. I am very happy with it as it is now.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

All 3 mmps are doing it. Next time I have it out, I will post a vid. You will be able to see it by how tall the tires balloon, and how the balloon diameter changes between full throttle pulls. Some times it will take about 5 full sec to get to top speed. I have had the issue with both my flysky and 2217 rx's, and 2075 and mmg995 servos. Hopefully it has nothing to do with my traxxas servo, or rx.

I changed all the power settings back to normal in my Summit (I fiddled with those to try to make it perform crawler-ish) and it just works fine. Of course there is not that much power asked there compared with your trucks.
    Besides a higher minimum speed, I have the same experience as Dad, smoother in the lower region.

Any chance that the source is anywhere else than the ESC? Motor(s)? Lipo(s)? Oh well, you must have checked that already.

The only thing that I have not verified by using multiple sources is the 4 pole 4600, but why would the esc act like it has bugs in the software because of a motor. And why does v1.26 work perfectly(minus the normal jumpy low end)??? The motor is the only constant in the mix though...and I dont have any other castle 4 poles right now except my 1512 1800kv, which is a 4-6c 1/8 buggy motor.

I leave the sensorless timing @ default 10°, and start power at default also. Any suggestions? I want good results like you guys!

The low end is super smooth with 1.39, but mid to high boggs and acts inconsistently with full throttle.

RC Qualifier
    Does this fix the chatter off the line at light throttle then 5' later jump to a faster smooth speed? I have to drive to my inlaws house to use their pc. I bet they don't support mac's cause they are the "hipsters" computer and Stampede's are almost as dorky as building micro robots that follow a flashlight. Hmmm that sounds fun.

^^^^^?????

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by braaap58 View Post
    Does this fix the chatter off the line at light throttle then 5' later jump to a faster smooth speed? I have to drive to my inlaws house to use their pc. I bet they don't support mac's cause they are the "hipsters" computer and Stampede's are almost as dorky as building micro robots that follow a flashlight. Hmmm that sounds fun.
    What in the world??????

The only thing that I have not verified by using multiple sources is the 4 pole 4600, but why would the esc act like it has bugs in the software because of a motor. And why does v1.26 work perfectly(minus the normal jumpy low end)??? The motor is the only constant in the mix though...and I dont have any other castle 4 poles right now except my 1512 1800kv, which is a 4-6c 1/8 buggy motor.

I leave the sensorless timing @ default 10°, and start power at default also. Any suggestions? I want good results like you guys!

The low end is super smooth with 1.39, but mid to high boggs and acts inconsistently with full throttle.
    I have the 4600 in my Summit and definately don't have the same problem. I will look at the exact settings later on, because I am too lazy to get the receiver lid of again and start my PC at the moment.

The starting power glitch was also the matter in my Pede where I use a 2650Kv motor. I also had it in my Bandit with the 3800Kv, so the chance that the ESC/motor combo would cause it, would be ruled out IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by braaap58 View Post
    As reply to your first sentence: yep.
    The rest: ?

4600 in a mini summit I hope!

Its not the motor. I threw in my 3000kv cheap china motor with the same results.
    Could it be the stock bec on all 3 escs?
    I will also have to check to see if it is my traxxas 2075's. I have not ran the mg995 with the mmp's as I thought, just the 2075's
    I will not be running til Sat. I will do the vid then.
    Last edited by rag6; 04-09-2013 at 12:05 PM.

4600 in a mini summit I hope!

Its not the motor. I threw in my 3000kv cheap china motor with the same results.
    Could it be the stock bec on all 3 escs?
    I will also have to check to see if it is my traxxas 2075's. I have not ran the mg995 with the mmp's as I thought, just the 2075's
    I will not be running til Sat. I will do the vid then.
    Don't worry, it's a mini Summit. Lol.
    I have been thinking about the BEC, but I have no idea what the exact problem would be. I have used the MMP in the Bandit with the 3800 without any problems. Maybe the timing setting is something to fiddle with. But to be honest, I have no clue.

It feels like a brownout, but only with the esc, the radio works just fine.