RC Qualifier

Drive problems!!

My brother just purchased a used Nitro 4-tec and as he has no nitro experience he asked me to give it a once over. I am not sure what model it is but it does have a 3.3 and an AM radio. I got the engine started and tuned so that it starts and stays running. Now here is the problem no matter how much throttle I give it is does not move. I removed the clutch bell to inspect the shoes and spring and they seem in fine condition. The drive pin on the large 2 speed gear is still intact. I am not very familiar with this transmission as I am the owner of many t-maxx trucks and never a 4-tec and it seems a little more complicated. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated thank you.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Qualifier
    ok guys after a break and some more trouble shooting here is what I found. The easy start wires were reversed. Once fixed the easy start ran but the motor didn't turn over. Having t-maxxes for a long time this was familiar so I removed the easy start flipped over the one way bearing so it was now installed properly reinstalled the easy start and now the problem was solved. So while the engine was running before it was running backwards, now this is a situation I have not run into before.
    4908x2
    MERV
    Slash4
    Slash2
    Creeper
    miniSlash

RC Champion
    So its running fine now or won't start?
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3