Thread: decisions

RC poster

decisions

I am looking at something for me and my 2 sons to start bashing with. I was set on a stampede or 2 but am now re thinking to a few brushed merv's. Is there anything that would sway you 1 way or the other ? I had a 18r a few years ago and liked it but it was useless if I got off the road. I know the merv has lots more ground clearance and I should not have these problems.

RC Racer
    I just got a brushed merv about a month ago and its a blast!!! It does very well on and off road! I personally like the merv because its a very popular car so there are many places that you can purchase spare parts and upgrades. I personally bought the merv because I was looking for something that had the capability to go VERY fast. Also the merv is 4 wheel drive, and I'm not sure if the stampede is. Either way, you will have a lot of fun with either of those to cars. You could also just buy them both

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    How old are your sons? Brushed is a good entry level but brushless is much faster

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I would go for a 4x4 pede before a mini Revo.
    The 1/6ths don't like grass all that much... the surfaces they perform best at are relatively smooth.

When my kids get of age I planned on getting a pair of these and putting them in training mode.
    http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...stampede4x4vxl
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    If money was no object I would pick up the 4x4 pedes. I can get 2 brushed merv's for less than the price of 1 4x4 vxl. My oldest is 11 my youngest is 5 so training mode will be very nice for the younger one. I like the idea of 4 wheel drive and that's why I started to think of the merv over a 2dpede.

RC Competitor
    yea id recommend the brushed mini over brushless if your not that into repairs and just want a solid fun machine. the faster and harder the mini's are beat on the more their weaknesses really start showing up.

if i was in your situation i would personally go for the stampede. can be driven more places, over rougher terrain, plenty durable, prob easier to fix. i have never owned one even tho they have been around forever

what do your sons think?

RC Competitor
    Watch a few videos of the Merv and 2wd Stampede in offroad situations and see if you like them. The 2dw 1/10 Slash may also be an excellent choice because the bumpers and body absorb some of the impacts.