Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    My center diff in the MERV helped a lot... be sure to top it off with 50K before installing. Mine was empty upon arrival.
    50K, people say 100K is too light, I was going to do probably 500K in the center if I do it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The heavier the fluid, the less diff action... the less diff action the less relief on the parts.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    The heavier the fluid, the less diff action... the less diff action the less relief on the parts.
    of course, if you are racing that would be great, but when climbing over things, you don't want the wheels with no traction to be getting all the power.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    Sure, that might help the occasional break, but giving up the extra travel is not going to help breaking shaft after shaft.
    Yes, it will. The effects of the LT rockers on the driveshafts its a well documented issue on both the 1/16 and full size ERBE. Its not the ONLY solution, but it is a large contributing factor. Its true with any CV style driveshaft on any vehicle, scale or full size. The more you flex the joint, the more likely it is to fail.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pavmentsurfer View Post
    Yes, it will. The effects of the LT rockers on the driveshafts its a well documented issue on both the 1/16 and full size ERBE. Its not the ONLY solution, but it is a large contributing factor. Its true with any CV style driveshaft on any vehicle, scale or full size. The more you flex the joint, the more likely it is to fail.
    All I know is I haven't changed the rockers and I"m not breaking shaft after shaft. still have 2 of the original summit shafts. Rear diffs on the other hand aren't doing quite as well.