RC poster

rear drive shaft install question

I'm trying to install Traxxas #7150 on my 1/16 summit with a broken rear half shaft. Any idea how to get this on over the pin? The exploded views don't really show much other than that is where it goes.

Thanks!
    Scott

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I think there is a set screw that holds the pin in. If there is; loosen the set screw, remove the pin, line up the axle, slide pin back in, tighten set screw.

But I think the 7150 will not work with the Summit "stub"... it is a Revo half shaft.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    that won't work because it wont rotate right and you will probably just break the pin because that is what commonly breaks on the 1 16 summit shafts.

RC Racer
    push that thing hard and pop it in or remove the metal piece then pop it in if easyr! it its the stock stuff ur good if u doingt some aftermarket and tryn to squeeze it in i dono if it will workk. good luck!
    NO U CANT DRIVE MY SUMMIT!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I think there is a set screw that holds the pin in. If there is; loosen the set screw, remove the pin, line up the axle, slide pin back in, tighten set screw.

But I think the 7150 will not work with the Summit "stub"... it is a Revo half shaft.
    Ok, I'll take off the rest and check for the set screw. My plan was to replace the left and right shafts with merv parts to go along with my p2 rockers + merv rods. Those drive shafts won't be long enough?
    Last edited by synsoc; 04-10-2013 at 12:44 PM. Reason: info about semi-conversion to to merv

RC Qualifier
    Those driveshafts will be fine. Your problem is you need the Merv yoke to connect it to the differential. You cannot connect a Merv shaft to a summit yoke since the pins to small. I'll snap a pic and show you what you'll need in a min.

RC Qualifier
    I use a heat gun to warm the plastic and it goes right on!
    A hair dryer would work just as well and is probably safer ti the plastic
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

RC Qualifier
    This is the difference between the two shafts. Merv on the left, Summit on the right.

You need these two pieces to use the Merv shaft correctly.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxximum Overdive View Post
    Those driveshafts will be fine. Your problem is you need the Merv yoke to connect it to the differential. You cannot connect a Merv shaft to a summit yoke since the pins to small. I'll snap a pic and show you what you'll need in a min.
    Great, thanks. Based on that. I think i'm just gonna go with #7151 which has both the shafts and yokes already connected in order to save some time.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    That will work... and you can use the 7150's as spares.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC poster
    Thanks for the help all!