RC poster

Running lean in the cold

I have a jato 3.3 and I just putting my two cents out there. One the motor don't like the cold two if you do run it in the cold rich it out luky for me I got lucky and figured it out. So just my thought it snowing out now so it was frazzling when I was running it on the street. My question is that even in the cold could running ur engine lean really cause problem the only thing I could think of is if the motor get hot enough it'll blow. Any thought guys

RC poster
    I should put I here that I was getting plenty of blue exhaust fume just it was dieing at idle and hesitating so I turn both the LAN and Han to rich and that was the issue and I also just added a motorsaver filter yes I retuned but I guess these relly cold dense air need twice the fuel

When running a lean tune you not only build up excessive heat, you are also starving the engine of lubrication.
    Always richen the tune in cold weather conditions. Cold air has more oxygen molecules per given space than warmer air so you must increase the amount of fuel in the engine to compensate for the extra oxygen content.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC poster
    I know I also use marvel mystery oil in the fuel and as after oil and it most lily saved the engine

RC Champion
    That's crazy. Using more oil will make the engine run terrible, and can result in lean running because you're constantly searching for that 'sweet spot' and will most likely lean it out too much in the process.

You can avoid all that fuss by covering the head with something in cold weather. Covering the head and running a good tune means the engine won't over-cool. A well tuned engine is one thing, but running too cool can also shorten it's life.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Racer
    you should go to electric cause its gonna cost you engines if you keep doing what your doing just richen your mixer and you wont have heaaches like this
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC poster
    It's all written on the little instruction card, rich for cold, lean for hot. If unsure always refer to your manual. Hate to see you blow an engine from one silly mistake all the best