RC Enthusiast

over charging????

Ok so my summit is giving me trouble. It runs out the batteries completely in literally 3 mins! Bought new packs and the same thing so i got new charger. With the new charger i charged the new packs. I was confused at the reading on the display. It said the voltage was over 10 volts and they are 8.4 nimh packs. Furthermore they are 3000 mah and when they were done it read 3600 mah... what is going on here? Im not real ffamiliar with the new technolo of electric being into nitro and 1/5 scale for sooo long. Can someone please help me out? I feel like an.idiot haha.

Off this topic... with these same packs im talking about my evx-2 esc is blinking red and green and have tried everything to make it stop... nothing will!!! Thanks in advance guys. This forum rocks!
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 03-29-2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Language

RC Enthusiast
    Nobody?? :-(

New NiMH packs are known to sometimes false peak. Check the temperature of the packs when they come off the charger. They should be about 120F.
    Nominal voltage for a 7-cell NiMH pack is 8.4 Volts, or 1.2 Volts per cell.
    Maximum voltage for a 7-cell NiMH pack is about 10.5 Volts, or about 1.5 Volts per cell.
    Some of the more expensive NiMH packs have a lower delta-V than many chargers can be set to. You should know the recommended delta-V for your packs.

EVX-2 is overvolted due to the LVD being enabled (green LED lit) and using fresh NiMH packs. You need to turn off the LVD.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Enthusiast
    I thought more people would know something about charging... lol glad im not alone:-) anyway thanks for the voltage input but what about my charger saying its putting in 3500mah in a 3000 pack? Is this sometimes false too? Just wana make sure im not hurting anything. Also to anyone that has charged two packs with a single output charger, does it take the same amount of tine to do it witg a parallel connector as using a dual output unit? My single output thunder ac6 will charge lipo but im not waiting an hour per pack so i ordered a parallel connector and a harness that will balance up to 6 3s packs with one output. To me it wouldnt seem like it would balance properly using this technique. Do you advise charging this way or should i buy a good true dual output lipo charger?? Thanks.to everyone happy bashing!

RC Qualifier
    This might help you parallel charging questions. I had the same thought process.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s-Charge-Limit
    This might help a little also.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...at-Full-Charge