RC Competitor

2s lipo or 7c nimh

I am lookinng at buying a new pede and i am not sure which model to get. The price isn't the issue but i am leery of the potential risks associated with the lipo's. I would like to use the 2s batteries but i'd also like to use the nimh packs i already have, Is there any risk with running nimh with the vxl? Would using nimh shorten the lifespan of the esc? Thanks for the help!
    2010 HHR= Half a Hot Rod

RC Racer
    I would go for the lipo, I have both and I have allot more fun with the lipo. I just use a lipo sack, they run and charge so cool, unlike nimh. I was also worried about the risks but they seem very stable and incidents are few and far.

RC Competitor
    The lipo version and nimh version are the exact same car only diferance are battery's man. No matter what one you buy you can run either battery just have to make sure when you run lipo that the LVD is on and when you run nimh it is off that is all but go the lipo version even if you don't use the lipo straight away saves you buying one later just also get the eazy peak + charger to do both types of battery's

RC Competitor
    Been leaning towards the lipo version, but wanted to make sure that running the nimh wouldn't hurt the esc. I've heard a few horror stories of vxl's frying due to running nimh.
    2010 HHR= Half a Hot Rod

Running nimh will not hurt the ESC, if anything the ESC/motor will hurt the nimh by drawing more current then the nimh can supply. Not saying that will happen just that it is more likely then the nimh hurting the ESC.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Batteries which are not able to supply the demands of the Motor/ESC can cause ripple current which in the end can damage your brushless ESC.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Competitor
    Lipo for sure!! My buddy just upgraded his brushed to brushless and 2s. Way faster than the brushed system and he gets longer run times.

Happy Bashing!
    Bash'em, then Bash'em, then Bash'em some more!!

RC Enthusiast
    Go lipo,you-won't regret it. My 10 yr old has the 2wd pede and I have the 4wd. I was on the fence about getting lipo,but I broke down and bought one.As soon as my son got a taste of lipo I never got it back. Ended up buying a second one because I was having to use the mimh. He would rather not run the truck if he had to use the minh battery.

RC Competitor
    Looks like lipo it is. I just want to make the
    esc and motor last as long as possible. Is there anything else i should look out for or do to extend the esc and motor's life?
    2010 HHR= Half a Hot Rod

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoracer View Post
    Looks like lipo it is. I just want to make the
    esc and motor last as long as possible. Is there anything else i should look out for or do to extend the esc and motor's life?

Get fans for both esc and motor

RC Competitor
    I will be ordering the esc fan from traxxas, but what motor fan do you recommend?
    2010 HHR= Half a Hot Rod

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by elmoracer View Post
    I will be ordering the esc fan from traxxas, but what motor fan do you recommend?

Check private message sent or search mega heat sink/fan

RC Competitor
    I ordered a lipo sack and some trx connectors to convert my fleet. Can't wait for the truck to get here. I'v got a pile of parts waiting for it already.
    2010 HHR= Half a Hot Rod