Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    A good idea...
    As i have six batteries of the same type, i have marked them in pairs and only run them in parallel, so there's less chance of mixing a discharged battery, with a charged one.

I have also bought a couple of LiPo Voltmeters so I easily can check the state of my batteries.

RC Enthusiast
    so i should contact the seller and report that the 3s battery that was basically a 2s should have been tossed

i have an online business on ebay so i dont want to be the type of buyer that complains even if its their own fault for not using something properly lol

this is definitely some interesting stuff though, i hope they sell NEW lipos with huge warning labels on them too
    at least now i will get some repair experience when i fix the wires, just got to order the new chassis

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Don't worry about it then. Just buy a new chassis(dye it black while your at it)and read up on lipo care and get a quality lipo charger
    I wouldn't bother leaving him feedback either
    Last edited by 50togo; 03-30-2013 at 12:40 AM.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz View Post
    so i should contact the seller and report that the 3s battery that was basically a 2s should have been tossed

i have an online business on ebay so i dont want to be the type of buyer that complains even if its their own fault for not using something properly lol

this is definitely some interesting stuff though, i hope they sell NEW lipos with huge warning labels on them too
    at least now i will get some repair experience when i fix the wires, just got to order the new chassis
    This is was in the description.

-SPC LiPO 2s 7.4V 50c 2500 MAH (2) run these batteries in parallel with the included adapter for near an hour of straight runtime.
    -Duratrax ONYX 3s 11.1V 25c 1300 MAH (2) one pack is slightly puffed due to one of the three cells being completely drained. The pack still works
    perfectly fine as a 2s pack. I have used this pack more than any of the others and it works flawlessly
    He basically told you to run the the 2 2s SPC in parallel. He also told you one of the Duratrax 3s lipos was damaged but it was still usable as a 2s lipo. With that said it doesn't appear that the partially fuctional Duratrax lipo was labeled by the seller as damaged or 2s.

IMHO if it was my lipo I would have opened the pack, disposed of the damaged cell, rewired the pack and made it into a 2s pack. I would never sale a partially functioning pack to anyone for safety reasons.

As far as who's fault it is well that's a bit more complicated. He did tell you there was a 3s pack that only worked as a 2s pack. It wasn't labeled or made into a 2s pack. He probably thought he was doing you a favor by including the pack. You also have very little experience with lipos and didn't check the packs when they arrived. Most of the time people on forums tell you that you need lipos and they are great yet they don't bother to tell you how to use them safely.

It's really up to you what to do. At a minimum I would contact the seller and tell him what you did and what happened. I would also tell him that it's not a good idea to sell used damaged lipos that are not properly labeled.

RC Enthusiast
    long delay but i finally got a chance to work on it after we moved to a new location, i was going to solder the servo wires back to it but i found 2 2080s in the box so i just replaced it

i bought a lip battery charger and got 2 connector for the traxxas style, which i took the 2nd to cut and soldered to the esc i was having trouble with the motor and trying to figure out where this piece goes

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...gear-cover.jpg
    its the long piece on the top right, i couldnt find any images showing how it is installed so i temporarily connected the motor anyways and tested

initially i had no light on the esc so i disconnected the servo wire and that fixed it
    i re positioned the servo and got it to work and the motor worked just fine

however when i was adjusting the steering nothing would happen so i assume its the position that is an issue

so at least nothing MAJOR was damaged aside from the esc LOOKING burnt it works

after i get this servo thing fixed and try it with the lips i will move on to investing into a new chassis, hook up both 2080 servos and probably hook up a small pc fan to keep things cool

thanks for the help and now i know lips are quite dangerous

RC Competitor
    i bought a lip battery charger and got 2 connector for the traxxas style, which i took the 2nd to cut and soldered to the esc i was having trouble with the motor and trying to figure out where this piece goes

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...gear-cover.jpg
    its the long piece on the top right, i couldnt find any images showing how it is installed so i temporarily connected the motor anyways and tested
    If it is the black plastic cylinder piece it goes in the motor plate shown in the middle right of this pic I took.

Any energy-dense apparatus is dangerous if not handled properly. Ever see a NiMH cell go pop? It's not pretty.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Any energy-dense apparatus is dangerous if not handled properly. Ever see a NiMH cell go pop? It's not pretty.
    I agreed ksb.. Like a little bomb in your car if they go off while your running

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2
    summit and e-revo sv2 5700, BL p2ede

RC Enthusiast
    no its the cylindrical piece on the top right of the photo

RC Competitor
    no its the cylindrical piece on the top right of the photo
    See the black screw in my picture. If you look closely it is screwed into the black cylindrical piece. The piece fits in the silver aluminum mount.