RC poster

Joe's mini slash

Hey guys, new guy to the rc world! Picked up a mini slash brushed from towerhobbies last week. Love it!
    Finally bought one after seeing them at motocross events over the years, a bunch of my moto buddies had them so i finally got one!

Let me know of any mods that you all think are necessary, i know the first one ill hear is brushless! But i would like to know of others that may be needed. I have noticed that the springs are to soft thats for sure.

i know how to search the forums so please dont post that because i know how. haha

thanks
    Joey

RC Qualifier
    I have a Mini Slash as well! When I got mine it was brushed, now it's a crazy little brushless monster!

Is it a 27mhz version? (LONG antenna) or is it an 2.4 Ghz version? (short antenna) If it's one with a long antenna, I'd suggest getting a 2.4Ghz system (transmitter and receiver). 2.4Ghz is way better, you won't get any interference, and you don't have to deal with a long eye-poker.
    This is a signature.

RC Champion
    i would get some lipo batteries

also shim the diffs
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    as plastic breaks search for RPM plastic to replace it, I believe if you want to run lipo batteries with a brushed slash you need a separate low voltage alarm, a lipo battery would be a great upgrade though. If you want a much better street driving experience get a full set of shocks from the 1/16 rally car, they have spacers inside the shock body that limit suspension travel, also giving you a stiffer spring rate, a set of 4 pulled from a new rally car aren't much more than $10 on ebay. Also, NEVER buy upgrade parts from integy. You might read about them searching in the forum but you're more likely to walk into the hobby shop and see integy aluminum parts that look appealing, it's cast aluminum junk. Where do you guys race motocross?
    I like turtles.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by snowslider View Post
    I have a Mini Slash as well! When I got mine it was brushed, now it's a crazy little brushless monster!

Is it a 27mhz version? (LONG antenna) or is it an 2.4 Ghz version? (short antenna) If it's one with a long antenna, I'd suggest getting a 2.4Ghz system (transmitter and receiver). 2.4Ghz is way better, you won't get any interference, and you don't have to deal with a long eye-poker.

mine is the 2.4 ghz version. i love it has super long range!

Quote Originally Posted by Meebert View Post
    as plastic breaks search for RPM plastic to replace it, I believe if you want to run lipo batteries with a brushed slash you need a separate low voltage alarm, a lipo battery would be a great upgrade though. If you want a much better street driving experience get a full set of shocks from the 1/16 rally car, they have spacers inside the shock body that limit suspension travel, also giving you a stiffer spring rate, a set of 4 pulled from a new rally car aren't much more than $10 on ebay. Also, NEVER buy upgrade parts from integy. You might read about them searching in the forum but you're more likely to walk into the hobby shop and see integy aluminum parts that look appealing, it's cast aluminum junk. Where do you guys race motocross?

ive seen the rpm parts and i have read that they are well worth it. also ive seen the integy alm, thanks for the heads up on them looks like i wont be getting any of that! We do local county fairs and stuff but in the last couple years i havent done much, im working and going to school so its kinda hard. I go to plenty of the ama supercross races and i love it. I feel that this hobby is going to be awesome! Im taking my mini to the track with me this weekend!
    Last edited by cooleocool; 03-31-2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: merge

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by revoman78 View Post
    i would get some lipo batteries

also shim the diffs
    Shim the diffs? ive seen it posted on other forums but im still not sure what it helps. What does it do? give you more traction in the rear?

RC Qualifier
    A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
    Puts more space between the bulkhead and the diff. Prevents slipping between the gears in the diff. It'll save your diffs. Associated part 21141.
    Drive. Crash. Fix. Repeat.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by motoboy250 View Post
    Hey guys, new guy to the rc world! Picked up a mini slash brushed from towerhobbies last week. Love it!
    Finally bought one after seeing them at motocross events over the years, a bunch of my moto buddies had them so i finally got one!

Let me know of any mods that you all think are necessary, i know the first one ill hear is brushless! But i would like to know of others that may be needed. I have noticed that the springs are to soft thats for sure.

i know how to search the forums so please dont post that because i know how. haha

thanks
    Joey
    I also have a mini slash. A worthwhile upgrade is getting harder springs (I have double black) and getting Titanium shock shafts. (Make sure to get Traxxas ones, aftermarket brands don't always fit.)
    How do you "Slash" without a sword?