RC poster

Question Slash 1/16 model 7005, steering right and no reaction from remote.

Hi all.

First of all, i'm totally new to traxxas.
    That's why i started with just a model 7005.
    I want to use it as cam-car (camera on the back).

Yesterday i received the package of model 7005.
    It is a ready to race slash 1/16 with 26.995 MHz remote control (included in package) brown channel 1.
    I followed the manual, so i start charging the included battery pack for the slash with included charger.

After 6 hrs charging, i put 8 fully charged batteries (aa) in the remote, switched it on(red light is ok, not flashing), then connect powercell to slash and turn on the xl2.5 ex-set (in esc profile3 training mode, 3x flashing red after that a green led).

The car works fine when it comes to spinning the wheels(forward/back).
    But the weird thing that happen, steering goes to the right at first time usage (maximum) one time, and never gets back. Also the car won't responce to any steering command from the remote. It just stay right steering.

What do i do wrong?

Weird thing was, a hour ago i had remote on, car connected to battery and switched esc on.
    When the antenna of the car was sliding near a harman kardon satellite speaker, the wheels start pulsing, and the steering to (towards center and back to right). So mechanical it al seems to be ok.
    Weird!

How can i fix the steering? It seems controller/receiver related? It's just new, and don't wanna do too much to prevent breaking warranty. I bought it from toprc.nl.
    Last edited by Jeroensky; 03-28-2013 at 02:39 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Have you tried calibrating the reciever to the transmitter?
    The information is in your manual.

RC poster
    Were you driving the car inside your house or out side? You could be receiving some interference with the transmitter to receiver form wireless devices and other things... A speaker affecting your car? never heard of that before, I guess the electromagnetic field from the magnets inside the speaker could affect it I don't know.

RC Competitor
    other than the above, maybe center the horn on the servo. take the servo horn off, set the trim on the tx to center, point the front wheels straight ahead, and bolt the horn back to servo. also can easily check the servo and tx connection while the horn is removed, if it stays right then theirs the problem.

RC poster
    That to (post above this one) if its not interference then that's prolly. your problem.

RC poster
    Thanks for replies.
    It's a Ready to race car. So i suppose the servo is installed correctly.
    -calibrating the receiver to the transmitter? eeh i have to check the manual calibrating the transmitter itselve doesn't work, because the car is not responding to any steering control (throttle is ok).
    -i drive the car inside. i got some powerful wifi activity (fon.com fonera2.0n hotspot) but that's why i choose a ordinary channel 1 / 26.995 MHz transmitter/receiver and no 2.4GHz. (that spectrum is full here in the city).

Thanks for the tips, i apprechiate that. I'll go check the manual about calibrating the receiver to the transmitter. It's the Traxxas TQ Radio system (2 channel).
    Thanks again.
    Last edited by Jeroensky; 03-28-2013 at 04:52 PM. Reason: update

RC Enthusiast
    Regarding the speakers, I would bet that they are wireless.
    Any foreign radiosignals is bad news for analog recievers.

It could actually be your problem.
    Try going ount on the street, away from any transmitters, and see if the problem persists.

And you will have no problem running a 2.4Ghz Tx/Rx, even with multiple powerfull accesspoints nearby.
    You wil propably have more problems running analog in the same area, as an AM reciver is affected by all frequencies, whereas FM is affected by only one, and digital seldom is affected, since it negotiates the frequency between Tx and Rx.
    Last edited by GReaper; 03-28-2013 at 04:47 PM.

RC poster
    wired speakers.

A toy helicopter (those little ones) also analog rc at 27MHz is working ok, so i don't think it has to do with external signal here.
    I see that the calibrating proces at page 16 is only for throttle (calibrating esc).
    But that is working ok, can steering also be calibrated?

Only thing i see is:
    The receiver has 2x channel1 connection.
    like:

ch1
    ch1
    ch2
    ch3
    batt/ch4

The esc is connected to ch2, but the steering servo is connected to the first ch1 (on the outside), but the manual say(page 9) it needs to be connected to the second ch1 (between ch1 and ch2).
    So are those two ch1 outputs the same, or is the factory installation wrong or the manual?
    connecting steering servo to second ch1 didn't make any differences)
    Last edited by Jeroensky; 03-28-2013 at 05:11 PM.

RC poster

Thumbs up

Solved !

I went to toprc.nl where i bought the Traxxas. Oh my what a great store with so much showed cars & boats. Those big nitro Traxxas are awesome.
    You never knowwhat the issue was...
    The transmitter had a factory created error .
    No problem, they gave me a transmitter of same type that works, and the Traxxas Slash 1/16 model 7005 is all ok.
    Camera-Car, here we go. (the soft springs from factory are great for video recording ).
    Last edited by Jeroensky; 03-29-2013 at 03:03 PM.