Converting my slash to a rally/on-road car.

As the title says, I am going to convert my project slash to a rally chassis and top it off with

If I got all the specs right it should fit, but please let me know if you see something that doesn't match up with the rally specs. The body is for an ofna gtp

specs from tower:
    Length: 24.4" (621mm)
    Width: 12.2" (310mm) behind front wheels (narrowest point)
    12.5" (319mm) at rear wheels (widest point)
    Height: 5.9" (149mm)

So far, I have this

I want to be able to run 4s, which I will probably do with a single pack. And I want to run 17mm wheels, so that I don't have two different size wheels to keep track of.

So I don't waste time chasing the wrong parts what are you guys using for your front and rear bumpers? Stock rally parts or xo1 parts? Does it matter?

Thanks for the inspiration!

Now to start getting my parts list together, LOL!
    Last edited by rjm2519; 03-28-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Here's a pic of my set up, rpm pede bumper in front, rally bumper back, proline body mounts, TeamRCE chassis, focus body, etc buggy wheels.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Competitor
    Very nice, whish there could be that sice drift wheels...
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    i'd go for the rally bumper/body mount with XO-1 foam (trim to fit) and rally rear bumper. judging by the look of the body, the front needs extra support and the XO-1 foam will take care of that.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

Awesome, I will add that to my list! Anyone try a chuckworks chassis, looks pretty tempting if it will fit a 4s especially for the price of his kit vs the conversion kit on ebay, $63 for the stock vs $70 for the chuckworks. I would still need the bumpers but no big deal there.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rjm2519 View Post
    Awesome, I will add that to my list! Anyone try a chuckworks chassis, looks pretty tempting if it will fit a 4s especially for the price of his kit vs the conversion kit on ebay, $63 for the stock vs $70 for the chuckworks. I would still need the bumpers but no big deal there.
    Drop a pic of the chuckworks...? Im curious
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

not many ppl using that chassis, they either pick what thedreadedend have or the STRC, although i think i saw one running it on the 2wd. i gamble mine and cut my XO-1 chassis to get it to 325mm wheelbase.

Here is a link to the page with the pics, looks pretty neat, I am going to stick with the stock stuff for now.

http://www.chuckworksrc.com/S4X_Ultimate.php

I figured out if you avoid people selling slash lcg stuff it is a whole lot cheaper! Rally front and rear bulkheads $15 shipped, slash lcg bulkheads 29.99! go figure! I already have the chassis with the nerf bars and battery hold down ordered and the motor mount and plate/cover. Going to hit up my LHS for the rest of the stuff, it will probably be a whole lot cheaper than ordering it all online. I like to support local too!

On a side note: Those who run mod1 what gearing to do you run, my local shop only has mod1 pinions so I was thinking of switching my revo and slash to that, be a little easier to get gearing when I want locally.

A little update, still waiting on a bunch of parts, Lol story of our hobby always waiting on parts.

What suggestions do you have for shafts, I am only planning on running on road and on 4s so I am thinking I will be fine with stock axles but I have never used these axles and not sure how they will hold up.

Anyone run diff fluid up front, I put 100k in the rear, thought it would be best to leave the front just lubed up. Real world how does that work out, or would a light 30k or so fluid be better for handling. Also what would be best for shocks, I would like to shorten the rear ones possibly run all fronts, not sure how I will go about that yet.
    Last edited by rjm2519; 04-09-2013 at 02:27 AM.

your getting there, cant wait for the final build nad maybe a video
    here's my Rally GT8 now,