Thread: Reverse Only?

RC Enthusiast

Reverse Only?

So earlier today I was running a little bit, got stuck and had to reverse. Then it wouldn't come out of reverse for a minute. I picked it up off the ground and accelerated and while kinda reving a little high it kinda shifted hard to forward. Then all was fine. Next time I needed reverse it switched to reverse fine, then would no longer switch to forward no matter what I would do. Any ideas?

Servo moving?
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    i know my t maxx was doing the same thing.. the idle was a little high and would not let it switch from forward to reverse

RC Enthusiast
    Nothing moves when I switch reverse to forward or vice/versa. Is there any way if I can tell if its the switch on my controller or the servo that's the problem? It doesn't even switch with the engine not running.

RC Competitor
    The channel that the reverse servo is plugs in to... unplug it and plug in a other servo aka the steering servo and disconnect the steering linkage then turn everything on when you flip the reveres switch and see if the steering servo moves. If it does not then it is the controller or the rx. If the steering moves then it is the reverse servo that is bad. Hope this helps.

RC Enthusiast
    I'll give it a shot later when I get home. What is RX?

RC Qualifier
    TX = Transmitter aka controller. RX = receiver
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Champion
    Do all revos with reverse have the opti-drive module?
    Maybe his is bad or his idle is too high.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    The Revo models that came with reverse install will have the optidrive. It is possible to have and use reverse w/o the optidrive module, you just have to be super careful because w/o optidrive it will shift at 25k rpm and that equals disaster.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

Yes, and the T-Maxx too. You can remove it and still drive w/reverse but you won't have the protection of accidentally switching from forward to reverse and vise versa.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    Oh cool, didn't know those acronyms haha. Anyway I switched the Servo plugs around and the TX switch is working fine. Looks like its a bad servo, unless its a bad spot in the Opti-Drive. Is that possible? I wouldn't think so if everything else is working besides reverse servo.