RC Enthusiast

Half shafts keep twisting off, what can I do?

I keep twisting my half shafts off of my rustler. They keep popping off at the knuckles and its getting really old. Can I convert it to a dog bone or are there better quality half shafts that I should be buying? I'm running a velineon 3500kv with a radient reaktor esc on a 2s 5300mah. Its a 90t spur on a 20t pinion, lately I've been running on short course truck tires. I'll see if I cant get some pics up soon. Thanks.

RC Racer

Cool

buy the stampede 4x 4 hd drive shafts problem solved.

maybe gear up a bit too , less torque on the driveline

i run a 4 pole castle motor on 3 s and have the same set on for a year now.

also switch them from one side to another once in a while

4x4 drive shafts are a good upgrade but with the sytem and lipo you are running you really should not need to upgrade IMO. I would guess you are running your slipper clutch too tight.

Just for comparison I run a MM/5700 system on SPC 5400 mah 50c 2s lipos. My drive shafts are well over two years old and still doing just fine.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Enthusiast
    I think Ill check into both, thanks

x2 what dad says. I snap the 4x4 shafts on my 2wd slash mt with a vxl motor if I lock the slipper. With my slipper adjusted correctly, I still get snappy wheelies and the shafts last forever.
    Whats in my wallet?
    I cant afford a wallet...

RC Champion
    Slipper adjustment takes a lot of "shock" off the driveline. Lock it down and something has to absorb the shock to the driveline when you go from full throttle to locking down the brakes. Land off of a jump with the throttle pinned and that shock hits the axles first. My son's driving style was pretty rough on stub axles by nailing reverse and then pinning the throttle forward again to make it spin. Multiple shots like that even with the slipper adjusted is going to wear on the stubs where the metal cross shaft snaps into the stubs. Drive smooth.
    Brushless 9cell/3s Street Rusty