RC poster

What should i put my new Mamba Monster in? + a few other questions

I just bought a Castle Mamba Monster 2200kv esc motor combo and i cant decide what car i should put it in. My choices are Slash 4x4 or Rustler Vxl. Also i don't know what parts and gearing i would need to put the system in. So if someone could tell me what i need to buy that would help. And i need help with batteries for the Mamba Monster plus a couple other systems. The ones i need help with are Castle SideWinder SCT with 1410 3800kv motor and Castle SCT Race Pro with 1410 5mm 3800kv motor. I already bought 2 batteries. But i don't know if they will work good enough for either the Mamba Monster or the others. The 2 batteries are
    Gens Ace 5000mah 40C. Any advice would be a lot of help.

RC Champion
    a mamba monster is overkill in a rustler i would put it in the slash 4x4
    With great brushless comes great responsibility.

RC Qualifier
    Rustler is way too lite. You'll never keep it on the ground. Slash for sur

Beatings will continue until compliance is gained
    uh oh.... that didn't sound good

RC Qualifier
    Def buy a merv and put it in there.....it would be awesome!!!!.....or the slash for sure
    "Duct tape and superglue are my spareparts"

Might I add that the MMM is overkill in any traxxas truck! Doesn't mean it can't be fun!

Sent from my Torch!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

RC Qualifier
    I run mine in a custom 2wd lcg slash.. I love it.

Samsung Epic | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Champion
    Buy an erevo roller and put it in there .
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Qualifier
    Put it in the slash 4x4, and occasionally put it in the rustler if you want to do some hyper fast speed runs, there's a 100mph "recipe" thread in the rustler section really you just need the MMM, 6s lipo, foam tires, and a weight for the front end. There's a lot more setup required than that but it's all work done with wrenches. The gens ace batteries should do the job for the mamba, I bought a pair of 2s and 3s gens ace batteries so I can use 2s or 3s with the smaller systems and for my e-maxx or 1/8 truggy I can run the pair in series and have 4,5,or 6s lipo, not sure of that's really an option with a slash, maybe you could strap the batteries together and use it with the monster battery hold downs.
    Last edited by Meebert; 03-28-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    I like turtles.

RC Qualifier
    I ran my monster slash for the first time on 6s yesterday and again today. It was a BLAST to say the least. My tires needed to be re-glued after it.

Its strange because it handles so great even with that much weight onboard.

Samsung Epic | Tapatalk 2
    MM|2200kv 2WD LCG Slash - MM2|2650kv LCG Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    Rally 1/16
    Jesus, Lights, RC, Minecraft, LoL

RC poster
    I actually have an E-Revo Brushless Edition

RC poster
    Do you think one 2s would be enough to power it?

RC poster
    That is awesome! I already started installing it into the Slash 4x4. I just have to wait for the install parts to come. The only bad thing is that since i bought it from castle it did not come with the y-harness so it only has one plug. And i don't own any 3s batteries. Would the mini E-Revo y-harness work?

RC Racer
    I put my mmm 2200 in my slash 4wd aŮd like it alot i put the xo1 setup in my rustler and it does preety good

RC Racer
    I ran mine in 3s till i got use to it i would make sure u put thicker oil in rear shocks and reoil the diffs too and if u run 6s turn up punch control

RC Champion
    Hibernating in my basement, trying to see just how many RC projects i can work on at one time!!
    Here's a pic of my harness. Some wire, plugs, shrink wrap, a soldering gun, and solder (60/40 rosin core) .032 dia. $4 from Radio shack, and you can make one. I use Deans plugs, but no matter which plugs you use, the theory is the same. +- into the ESC, -- into one battery, and +- into the other battery. It will double your voltage. Just be sure to use identical packs. You need at least 4s to make it run like it should.

FLM BL E-MAXX ~ BL E-4TEC Drifter ~ Pro-Trac Slash ~ FLM P2de ~ SCX-10 ~ AX-10 ~ Wraith ~ HPI Custom Nitro dragster ~ 3 Losi micro scalers
    Slash BL-Pede-E 4Tec-FLM EMAXX-Wraith-AX-10-SCX-10

RC Qualifier
    I do not recommend the 1/16 revo Y harness the wires are not heavy duty. I kind of prefer the single plug on the ESC because it allows you to get a giant 4s or 6s lipo, or choose a pair of batteries. With a high capacity 2s or 3s lipo you could run it with a higher gear ratio and it would be faster than a 1/10 motor on the same battery. The 1/16 traxxas RC's could be fitted with an 8th scale motor but it's unnecessary, if a 1/10 VXL can push a rustler 70+MPH than a 1/10 brushless motor can push a lighter 1/16 traxxas mini a LOT faster, assuming there's a battery that fits in the battery trays that can put out enough current.
    I like turtles.

RC poster
    So I chose to put it in the Slash 4x4. I was disappointed to learn that it's not that fast with a 2s lipo. So now I know that I ether have to buy a series harness or buy a 4s lipo. And that sucks cause I don't have the money. If anyone knows a good cheap 4s lipo that would help a lot. Thanks for all the help!
    I own 7 Traxxas R/C trucks

You need higher gearing!
    Donít handicap children by making life easy