RC poster

Trouble starting Slayer

I am very new to RC cars and I'm having a good amount of difficulty. I received a used slayer as a gift and when I try and start it it won't start. I had it running yesterday and it ran fine but now today it won't start. The glow plug light isn't on and when i try to start it with the ez start it starts to move but the engine doesn't start. Below is a link to the video i took trying to start the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEcD95yQyA0

RC Racer
    If The Light Isnt On You Either Habe A Ground Issue Or Most Likely A bad Glow Plug ......

My Phone Is Acting Up Again ......
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC poster
    Id obviously have to change the glow plug but what do you mean by ground issue?
    sorry I'm very unfamiliar with these

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by braunj410 View Post
    The yellow wire on the ezstart harness is s ground. Make sure its not bad.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Competitor
    i just had this problem with t-maxx this weekend. it was a loose ground. the yellow wire is the ground and it goes to the motor mount (at least on the t-maxx 3.3). check the glowplug first. remove it and plug the blue wire back onto the plug, hold the plug against the cooling head to ground it then push the ezstart button and see if it glows. if not try a new one. if still nothing, then look at the ground. just follow the wire and see where it goes. if its loose tighten it up. hope this helps. welcome to the boards btw!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by braunj410 View Post
    Swal good as bloody and smp said theres a yellow wire that runs down the left side of the engine where the e start motor is and is attached to the engine mount if its loose the glow plug wot fire/glow but if the plug is bad it wont illuminate the light because the circuit isn't complete.

And welcome to the site bro! If you have a problem someone here has probably had the same issue just ask.
    I'm hittin' easy street on mud tires.

RC Enthusiast
    Put some WD 40 on the one way bearing in the EZ start gear train. It is the bearing that is fitted over the crank shaft as you pull the EZ start gear train off. The bad thing is, that it will likely get bound up again in the future. I've seen people take a fuel line and feed it into the gear train right on the one way bearing and just spray WD 40 on it when it acts up but you might as well put a pull start on it and save yourself the trouble.