RC Champion

Basher Tire's Other then Trencher

ok so my rusty basher is fun as heck and it goes ANYWHERE ! ! has despo's all around and can go places my friends 4x4 pede with Switches has troubles with.

Buuuut ! My Rusty with the LCG really gets limited to tires. . I'm running the JConcepts Bajr body which gives prolly the most clearance for tires but even with front off set Despo's all around on the Pro-trac kit it still rubs the body. I have 2.2 rims Front offsets on it right now with some great tires the Losi Smasher's which are GREAT ! Buuut they are no Despo !

So which tire do you think will compare the best to the 2.8 Despo's in the 2.2 department. I was thinking about the masher 2k's but just wanna hear what you all have to say. I wanna be able to bash with my LCG Rusty since I don't race it as much as I used to.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    See if you can scoop up some of the older proline badlands. Few years back, they didn't have 2.8 (30 series) or traxxas beads, so I would cut them to fit my allstars. Lol ya, I've been cutting my wheels and rims that long! I've seen them around and im sure they are out there.
    Mashers are an awesome tire too. I have um on 2.8 wheels because I cut um. (been cutting them for a couple years too) they now have them in 2.8 also but im sure they will be keeping them in that size for the mt lovers. Either one, can't go wrong but, badlands, the ultimate off road rock slinger!
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Champion
    Trying to stay away from 2.8's do to the Trenchers rubbing on my body when I have suspension travel or even turning. . OMG I just realized I needed to label this thread as Trenchers not Despo's ARGH I'm retarded the Trenchers are on Desp rims but the rims aren't the problem I think it's the width of the Trenchers.

So yeah Admin please update my first thread if you don't mind to replace the word Despo with Trencher ! hehehe

Need a tire as good as the trencher but preferably in 2.2 or SCT rim ! thanks !
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*

2.2 badland and 2.2 mashers is still my answer lol. Either one are a great tire!

Your problem is not the 2.8" rim it is the size of hte tire you have put on it, the Trenchers. For example you could put a G-Loc on the 2.8 and it would never rub. Look at the overall tire diameter and width, that is what will effect the rubbing issue ot the rim size.

Fixed your title for you.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Do your tire research at tower hobbies, the list dimensions for everything. Click on a set you find interesting, scroll down to the bottom of description and you'll find the dimensions.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    2.2 badland and 2.2 mashers is still my answer lol. Either one are a great tire!
    Yeah I was looking at those as well. gotta look at the more

Quote Originally Posted by Dadx2mj View Post
    Your problem is not the 2.8" rim it is the size of hte tire you have put on it, the Trenchers. For example you could put a G-Loc on the 2.8 and it would never rub. Look at the overall tire diameter and width, that is what will effect the rubbing issue ot the rim size.

Fixed your title for you.
    Thanks for the fix Dad. Yeah that's right the Trenchers do stick over like crazy. I used Anaconda's on it with no problem what so ever. I just couldn't think of another 2.8 off road tire other then the Badlands and I know they are tall which I was also worried about in the back but I think the width is only the problem not the height. Maybe those Zombie Max wheel people have been talking about for awhile might work ?

And again this is for loose dirt and rocks not grass so kinda thinking the Badlands might not do so well in that terrain.
    Rusty SCT
    Rusty LCG SCT
    Pede 4x4 SC8 *sold*