Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post
    +1 Absolutely!
    Thanks dude but its so true that you can not put a price on fun and happiness bro....peace out
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Champion

proline desert rat body-20 bucks
    proline pro track kit-37 bucks
    proline 2.8 trenchers-50 bucks
    ofna 3.2 mt3 splits-15 bucks for all 4 rims
    17mm flm extended hexes that are in pics 30 bucks, plus traxxas 17mm hubs, 27 bucks.
    tbone racing front bumper, and a clear servo skid plate-35 bucks
    thats it so far.
    Last edited by ajcar; 05-02-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Hmmm let me calculate this.
    Stampede 6708L $429.99
    Battery $49.99
    Onyx 100 AC/DC Peak Charger $29.99
    TRA3061 $5.00
    Pro-Line StreetFighter Tire/Wheel set $65.00
    Hot Racing Traxxas Nitro Rustler Purple Body Clips Leash BWP123B07 $5.74
    TRA3340 $17.16
    Total= $602.87

And so far that's all I've spent. The reason I haven't spent that much is because I only upgrade when stuff breaks.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by jtalaue View Post
    The reason I haven't spent that much is because I only upgrade when stuff breaks.
    Then you're not playing hard enough!! Easy $1,500 in my slash 4x4. (Basically the same) And I really only upgrade what breaks or wears out!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by briandee View Post
    Then you're not playing hard enough!! Easy $1,500 in my slash 4x4. (Basically the same) And I really only upgrade what breaks or wears out!
    You're probably right about that. I only use it in my neighborhood and drive it up and down the streets, jumping from the pavement to the road and that's about it. LOL

I have only spent a lot because i have had my pede for over 2 years and gone through lots bodys,wheels,batteries,a arms,tyres,etc,etc so it all adds up but the fun has been priceless.....peace

RC Qualifier
    Well, now I think I may have surpassed the $2,500 point! And no "BIG" upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by briandee View Post
    Well, now I think I may have surpassed the $2,500 point! And no "BIG" upgrades.
    Yeah but how much fun have you had man???.......peace

RC poster
    Between the balancing charger, 7 or 8 lipo batteries, extra bodies, temp gauge, cooling fan, RPM upgrades, MIP driveshafts, extra wheels and tires, and tons of spare parts..... all my receipts total up to $2,500 Just for my Stampede VXL 4X4

I made the mistake of sitting down with all of my receipts and a calculator and lets just say I felt like a jerk afterwards! I am 27 years old with a 3 year old boy and soon to be 2 year old daughter. And the only hobby I have anymore is my RC trucks, I work on it all in my garage and my kids love to watch me play with them in front of my house. But if I sit there thinking about all the money I sometimes wonder why I didn't just put that money into their college fund account. I work 60+ hrs a week....I guess "Dad's" have to have their fun too right?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    Except for napping, this is my least expensive hobby. Raising children is my most expensive.
    I have to agree with that one...too funny

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Zepher View Post
    We got back into the Hobby in October of 2012, about 5 months ago with 2 Tmaxx's and a Jato.
    this was taken in January of 2013,

8 of those vehicles have been replaced by 10 other vehicles in the past 2 months.
    I'd estimate we have $4000 total in the vehicles (upgrades and repairs are in that total).
    It gets very expensive very quick, so I have slowed down spending money on these vehicles.

errrrrr, you might want to see a DR about this...

Oh yeah I have 3 kids but they come first and I still have money and time left of my rc's......peace

RC Competitor
    I made the mistake of sitting down with all of my receipts and a calculator and lets just say I felt like a jerk afterwards! I am 27 years old with a 3 year old boy and soon to be 2 year old daughter. And the only hobby I have anymore is my RC trucks, I work on it all in my garage and my kids love to watch me play with them in front of my house. But if I sit there thinking about all the money I sometimes wonder why I didn't just put that money into their college fund account. I work 60+ hrs a week....I guess "Dad's" have to have their fun too right?[/QUOTE]

LOL, just wait until they get old enough to actually want one. That is how I got into the rc world. About 10 years when my dad had a working T-max I loved to watch him run it and chase our cat around the yard.

RC Racer
    Im thinking the same here! Except I've only spent $200.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by slashman360 View Post
    I made the mistake of sitting down with all of my receipts and a calculator and lets just say I felt like a jerk afterwards! I am 27 years old with a 3 year old boy and soon to be 2 year old daughter. And the only hobby I have anymore is my RC trucks, I work on it all in my garage and my kids love to watch me play with them in front of my house. But if I sit there thinking about all the money I sometimes wonder why I didn't just put that money into their college fund account. I work 60+ hrs a week....I guess "Dad's" have to have their fun too right?

I definitely feel you on that one 100%. Once my two boys get old enough I'm sure they'll want to take care of it because right now they watch me go crazy with it and always ask can I drive it but I have to tell them no cause they simply aren;t capable enough to handle the Pede with a MM2 & 2200kv motor running on 3S 5000 40C battery lol

RC Qualifier
    How much have I spent on my upgrades???

To much!

RC poster
    I'm new to this hobby and I just purchased a Stampede 4x4 VXL and I love the **** out of it right out if the box...but like anyone else, I want to upgrade it like crazy...since I'm so new could anyone point me in the correct direction and also the right place to purchase my upgradeable parts. Please help me, I have little to no knowledge about things RC related

- new guy

RC Racer
    Check your inbox Pudz! Welcome to the community and the addiction!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudz1703 View Post
    I'm new to this hobby and I just purchased a Stampede 4x4 VXL and I love the **** out of it right out if the box...but like anyone else, I want to upgrade it like crazy...since I'm so new could anyone point me in the correct direction and also the right place to purchase my upgradeable parts. Please help me, I have little to no knowledge about things RC related

- new guy
    There are a ton of things you can upgrade/fabricate on your Pede the question is WHAT do you want to upgrade? IMO check some of the build thread on the forum and you will find options you might want on your Pede and might have instructions etc.

Its all about doing your homework and replace stuff that breaks dude and welcome to the forum and the addiction......peace

RC Racer
    Pudz here is a list of my upgrades. All bought on ebay. Happy upgrading and welcome to the addiction!

LOSI D8 SHOCKS X 4
    JCONCEPTS BODY LOWERING POSTS
    TRENCHER TIRES ON DESPERADO RIMS X 4
    PROLINE BULLDOG BODY
    TEKNO REAR SHAFT UPGRADE
    TEKNO FRONT SHAFT UPGRADE
    TRX FRONT LED KIT
    TENSHOCK 3400KV MOTOR
    CC MAMBA MAX PRO ESC
    HR RACING MOTOR PLATE
    TRX BATTERY EXPANSION
    JCONCEPTS UNDER TRAY
    SPC 2S 6400MAH LIPO
    TRX ALUMINUM SLIPPER BEARING
    KINGHEADZ MOTOR MOUNT
    TBONE SERVO PROTECTOR
    MAMBA MAX PRO MOUNT
    TRX CLEAR SPUR GEAR COVER
    TBONE BUMPER
    TBONE WHEELIE BAR

Sick mod list bro hope you are all good......PEACE

RC Competitor
    dude I have 7 cars that are highly modded! my most recent purchase was a Losi scte 2.0, and I got that for $470 just for the kit and that doesnt even come with tires! I just try not to follow receipts, otherwise I will just stress! fortunately I think I am done, I just need to maintain what I already own!
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    Most of the bets make a point of getting rid of receipts! Lol, I've got bags of um.... but I don't look lol. My p4de went about $1300 deep. This is a hard thing to calculate though... how much money is on the truck at present? How much for everything ever purchased for 1 particular build? (Counting parts that didn't work, broke, liked but desided to put on another build..) see what I mean. Out of $1300 or so, I could have had $900-$1100 at any given day flying of the ramp. Just depends on what I run out of all the crap I have to choose from.

RC Competitor
    I am 39 with a 7month old and a 3 year old boys, I could feel bad also, but just like you it is my only hobby now! no more motocross bikes and such, done worry about money spent, now that you have stuff you really like you can just enjoy it and maintain what you already have! that is my lesson! and the most important part about rc is you wont be injuring your body!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin L View Post
    Between the balancing charger, 7 or 8 lipo batteries, extra bodies, temp gauge, cooling fan, RPM upgrades, MIP driveshafts, extra wheels and tires, and tons of spare parts..... all my receipts total up to $2,500 Just for my Stampede VXL 4X4

Same here I do not skateboard as much as I use to or pump iron because of my 3 kids and wife so when I have spare time its with my trucks.......peace

RC Competitor
    I have about $1300 into my pede at this point and that is with the truck.

I have upgraded to
    MM2 w/2200kv motor
    RPM a-arms,shock towers, and front bumper
    ALU. c-blocks,shock caps,bearing adapter,tie rods F/R
    Clear gear cover
    3s lipo
    lowered body
    Ford raptor body
    Chevy 2500 body
    Revo slipper clutch
    center suports in the f/r diffs

I thinks thats about it but Im sure Im missing stuff.

Next up is
    Alu. kings headz motor mount
    Alu. motor plate
    17mm hex (tekno)
    stablemaxx wheels and new tires?
    Last edited by Joe596; 07-26-2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: NOT DONE

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    Same here I do not skateboard as much as I use to or pump iron because of my 3 kids and wife so when I have spare time its with my trucks.......peace
    Spencer, did you just use your wife and kids as an excuse for not working out!? Shame on you

Don't get me wrong I still train 2-3 times a week and I still do four set's of ten at 90kg on chest and 30-40kg flat bar curls as well as other bits and my mates still call me the big friendly giant LOL but I find rc bashing and the forum very addictive.......peace

RC Champion
    I would say my Truggy P4de has about $900 in it. I built it from spare parts and chop shops so I never bought a nib Stampede. If you want to talk about batteries charger and radio then add another $1000 or so but those are used throughout my fleet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Let's see. I bought my p4de new last April. I immediately began upgrading. My wife works during the day and when I am not offshore working I chill at the house. Anyways, while my wife went to work I went to lhs. She knew about the rc, but not the parts I would buy during the day. Slap them on and hope she wouldn't notice. I don't know a exact dollar amount, but I figure easy $1300 just in upgrades! Now I have plenty spare parts I removed for either different color or even better upgrade part. If someone would have told me this would happen I would have told them they were crazy. I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Now what about the two p2des. I treat them equal, so you can only imagine lol. Happy p4deing!:
    I can relate to this. I got into the RC world December '11 and now have 18 cars and every one of them is far from stock. Good times though!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty don View Post
    Let's see. I bought my p4de new last April. I immediately began upgrading. My wife works during the day and when I am not offshore working I chill at the house. Anyways, while my wife went to work I went to lhs. She knew about the rc, but not the parts I would buy during the day. Slap them on and hope she wouldn't notice. I don't know a exact dollar amount, but I figure easy $1300 just in upgrades! Now I have plenty spare parts I removed for either different color or even better upgrade part. If someone would have told me this would happen I would have told them they were crazy. I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Now what about the two p2des. I treat them equal, so you can only imagine lol. Happy p4deing!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2
    hey Don, I work offshore as well on a supply boat. I know all about coming home for 4 weeks and messing with rc's the whole time! What do you do?
    -Neil
    Pro-2 SCB 2xSuperMaxx Revo-E G-Slayer

RC Competitor
    Got an update,

just got the kings headz motor mount
    RPM revolvors stablemazz 17mm wheels
    Trensher tires
    alu. motor plate
    tire glue and rubber bands. I am so happy and cant what to get off work so I can put this stuff together. LOL

You have done your homework dude and its going to be a sick truck........peace

RC Competitor
    Thanks for the kind words. Its very nice coming from a master like your self.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe596 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words. Its very nice coming from a master like your self.
    I am no master dude but we all learn something new every day or try too lol.......peace

RC Competitor
    Now I have the task of mounting my first set of wheels and tires. I can do big car and truck tires all day long but these litte ones have me nervisLOL

Just take your time and enjoy it makes the job a lot easier man instead of it must be done........peace