Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC Racer

How much have you spent on upgrades???

Bought my pede thinkin' I wouldn't need any upgrades besides to tekno shafts and boy was I wrong.
    I've already spent around $600 in upgrades! And still I'm wanting more stuff to buy for it.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noobiznessracin View Post
    Bought my pede thinkin' I wouldn't need any upgrades besides to tekno shafts and boy was I wrong.
    I've already spent around $600 in upgrades! And still I'm wanting more stuff to buy for it.
    Most of the bets make a point of getting rid of receipts! Lol, I've got bags of um.... but I don't look lol. My p4de went about $1300 deep. This is a hard thing to calculate though... how much money is on the truck at present? How much for everything ever purchased for 1 particular build? (Counting parts that didn't work, broke, liked but desided to put on another build..) see what I mean. Out of $1300 or so, I could have had $900-$1100 at any given day flying of the ramp. Just depends on what I run out of all the crap I have to choose from.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Enthusiast
    I say dont upgrade nothing till it brakes...or you will regret buying upgrades.I bought a used revo 3.3 for $280 i put about $200 into it the first two weeks i had it...

RC Competitor
    total cost spent on upgrades and parts (batteries, connectors, oil, etc.) is between $1100 and $1300 *so far*.
    p4de mmp2400 - stock p4de - wraith

RC Qualifier
    well over a grand

RC Qualifier
    Ok. in my head I was: 1300$ maybe 1500$. But I have a program that calculate all my expenses from my bank account.
    Looks like I burnt 2330.47$ in my pede. I paid about 500$ for buying it, so that's 1830$ of upgrade. Of couse I have a lot of crap, thing that don't fit my pede and spare parts. But I never realized I could spend this much money!!!
    Wut

Quote Originally Posted by emmanhello View Post
    Ok. in my head I was: 1300$ maybe 1500$. But I have a program that calculate all my expenses from my bank account.
    Looks like I burnt 2330.47$ in my pede. I paid about 500$ for buying it, so that's 1830$ of upgrade. Of couse I have a lot of crap, thing that don't fit my pede and spare parts. But I never realized I could spend this much money!!!
    Wut
    And that's why most peops chuck the receipt after warranties expire or just never do the math. Lol I thought and actual are always WAY different lol

I would say easy grand and a half and thats just on the pede 4x4....peace
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Racer
    Somewhere in the 1300$ range for me (including truck) plus 400 bucks in lipos and a good charger.

In the same boat too where I can stuff still to order for this beast! Work hard, play harder.

RC Qualifier
    How are you guys spending that much? I have a fully loaded pede and spent less than $600.

RC Qualifier
    Let's see. I bought my p4de new last April. I immediately began upgrading. My wife works during the day and when I am not offshore working I chill at the house. Anyways, while my wife went to work I went to lhs. She knew about the rc, but not the parts I would buy during the day. Slap them on and hope she wouldn't notice. I don't know a exact dollar amount, but I figure easy $1300 just in upgrades! Now I have plenty spare parts I removed for either different color or even better upgrade part. If someone would have told me this would happen I would have told them they were crazy. I love it and wouldn't change a thing. Now what about the two p2des. I treat them equal, so you can only imagine lol. Happy p4deing!

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    Shhhhhhhhh, Between three trucks and a boat, over 15 + years. I don't think that i want know how much I've spent. But for the P4ed it's currently around the $800 mark. Not including Lipo's and New Charger. Geezssssssssssss!
    Just Bash it!
    4x4 Pede
    Two 2wd Pede

RC Qualifier
    $900.00 and still going strong! it doesnt help u get to hobby shop and your like 5 dollar part and walk out with 20 gone out of your wallet for that one part, or your like oh, that looks cool, and then you say MUST HAVE!!!! and walk out 50 bucks short
    RACE IT, BREAK IT, FIX IT, REPEAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    How are you guys spending that much? I have a fully loaded pede and spent less than $600.
    Well, a p4de ....if I never owned it, I get a new one to establish a baseline. (How its ment to be and all factory setting, behavior, from the start) so my habit is always electronics combo, body, paints, mask, wheels, tires, alloy for corners/cambers/toe/bellcrank, and tekno. That's gonna get me up till I wreck the body! If I need a body ... I need new tires, rims, paint, masks, and sometimes the full boat of alloy needs to go a differnt color.
    That scenario right there would be about 1 month of owner ship....I had my pede for a few months, maybe 5. Did about 6 bodies, 4-6 wheels/tires, to alloy changes with bodies (not to mention broken parts.... Tekno, mip, 2 motor/esc combos and ..........well you get it. My # in the first post was a very low estate of what was spent for my best, overbuilt pede as it sat in a photo. Now add it all up and I could have cut another tuition check for my sons school!

RC Qualifier
    Dread, that sounds really expensive
    For me, after I upgrade to the durable/performance parts, it's very much done, only a few $ here and there as parts breaks. Sometime, I go bashing for a few weekends without any parts broken.

I only bash in rough terrains, but NO high jumping for me since I learned that it's TOO expensive to jump
    Last edited by hskb; 03-27-2013 at 07:28 PM.

RC Qualifier
    My brother just asked me last week how much have I spent on my pede just on the upgrades alone. I took all the reciepts and did the math. As of today, I have spent close to $500 in upgrades. No regrets on doing the upgrades since it made my pede a lot more tougher, faster, and most of all, a lot more fun to drive. I'm also blessed to have a wife who understands my passion for r/c cars. Guys with significant others, don't forget to cater to your love ones... Have some alone time for your r/c, but have some quality time for them as well. IMHO, that's the secret for not having any conflicts between your hobby and family/significant other.
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

RC Enthusiast
    I was out of the RC hobby for 20+ years, now the fever has hit again. I wanted a 4x4 and let the LHS employee talk me into a lesser grade truck. With the truck, charger, 2 Lipos and some extra body clips and misc parts I have about $450 out the door. After two breaks in two runs, I got upset and went to a different LHS where I found a Traxxas Stampede 4x4 VXL. I have decided with the p4de I will upgrade as it breaks. So far in my bashing it just takes a licking and keeps on ticking, now where have I heard that before? I will be picking up the parts to repair the other truck tomorrow and will use it for easy runs and not real bashing. The Lipos can be used in each vehicle, so that is a big plus. Probably $950 to get me started in the hobby again and a value can’t be placed on the smile factor. Plus, I have a spare truck for the grandkids to use while I bash with the p4de. You can bet when I get another truck it will be a Traxxas!!! I also will not be keeping track of the receipts.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughter33 View Post
    then its not fully loaded!!!

RC Qualifier
    yayks,..... looking at all my receipts, from the start nov6,2012 when i bought my pede, up to now, all and all every peace that i have for my pede cost me $2305.92

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer View Post
    then its not fully loaded!!!
    Sure it is. I guess I am just a more thrifty shopper. I don't have an unnecessary cosmetic parts, like aluminum shock towers.
    Last edited by Slaughter33; 03-29-2013 at 08:11 AM.

RC Competitor
    Too much and I haven't even bought new tires or body yet. Sheesh! I'm probably sittin a little over a grand.

Happy Bashing!
    Bash'em, then Bash'em, then Bash'em some more!!

RC Qualifier
    I sold the stock vxl combo for 117 bucks on ebay so that pays for all the upgrades..........right If you get hassled ask people how much they have spent smoking, gambling, or owning a boat. They will get really quiet.

RC Competitor
    exactly what braaap said. i get some funny looks when i tell people the $ that has gone in to a little toy truck. but i've always considered it an investment in my happiness, and i know i've got an awesome toy to play with for many years to come.
    p4de mmp2400 - stock p4de - wraith

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by __tk__ View Post
    exactly what braaap said. i get some funny looks when i tell people the $ that has gone in to a little toy truck. but i've always considered it an investment in my happiness, and i know i've got an awesome toy to play with for many years to come.
    Amen to that. Couldn't have said it better myself. :

RC Racer
    Except for napping, this is my least expensive hobby. Raising children is my most expensive.
    Someone stole my signature.

RC Champion
    We got back into the Hobby in October of 2012, about 5 months ago with 2 Tmaxx's and a Jato.
    this was taken in January of 2013,

8 of those vehicles have been replaced by 10 other vehicles in the past 2 months.
    I'd estimate we have $4000 total in the vehicles (upgrades and repairs are in that total).
    It gets very expensive very quick, so I have slowed down spending money on these vehicles.
    Last edited by Zepher; 03-29-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Enthusiast
    #1 Dont Even want to know because my mom would kill me and #2 ALOT, geting close to a grand with stampede 4x4

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by NickSSmoovE View Post
    I say dont upgrade nothing till it brakes...or you will regret buying upgrades.I bought a used revo 3.3 for $280 i put about $200 into it the first two weeks i had it...
    I disagree to a point because of my experience with the stampede so far. If you are a hardcore basher like me launching your truck 20-30 feet hours on end you're going to have to upgrade the suspension right off the hop, or else you will find yourself at a skatepark or bmx track for 5 min max before something breaks. So if you are a hardcore basher do yourself the favour and upgrade A-arms, shockcaps, axle carriers and blocks right from the start. Then you can save your pennies for a lipo battery and charger when you get tired of nmih battery draining down right from the first pull of the trigger.

my .02

RC poster
    Had the vxl 4x4 truck a year and keep tryin to make it as bulletproof as possible. It's an expensive hobby, but soooo much fun!!

Dido, an investment in your happiness!

-Mip cvd front n back
    - Robinson racing steel spur gear
    - steel roll cage
    - 2s Lipos
    -Onyx 245 Lipo charger
    -proline trenchers
    -RPM rear bumper n servo protector

We live in the country and have four boys, so while they're outside playing, Dad's outside bashing. Not to mention my dog chases the heck out of it!!

RC poster

RC Qualifier
    That looks like a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Tsomart35 View Post

RC Competitor
    Toooooooooooo much.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by __tk__ View Post
    +2!

Well said...
    I want an avatar... 3000 posts here we go!

I do not exactly know and do not seriously care...
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    Mip xduty all around
    Jconcepts body
    Shock caps and shafts
    MMP/2800 combo
    Sway bars
    2.8 trenchers, and various other tires
    Batteries
    RPM a-arms
    Bearing carrier
    Bearings, pinions, spurs, oils, and other small parts

I guess that puts me well over a grand. Worth every penny!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsomart35 View Post
    Thats one of the best looking Stampede I have ever seen!! What rollcage is that? VG springs?

I bought my Stampede so I could have a truck to bash and when it broke it would be cheap to repair. Well it didn't stay that way very long. Now that I have a MMP and more powerfull motor I'm breaking rear driveshafts every time I drive. Now I have to drop another $100 into it to upgrade the driveshafts. After that my next purchase will be trenchers
    Xerun 150A 2200kv ERBE
    Dewalt 14.4v Summit

There is no price for happiness guys......peace out
    Famous last words...watch this!!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Too much. lol...Probably close to (or over) a grand total into it so far

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post
    There is no price for happiness guys......peace out
    +1 Absolutely!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by spenniepoos View Post