RC Competitor

Aluminum chassis

I was wondering would you guys think this worth while.
    http://www.thetoyz.com/Traxxas/Mini-...is/GPM/16492/#

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I do not, no.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Competitor
    What for? I wouldnt buy this
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Competitor
    Heck yeah. If you BB your Rally it will do quite a few things for you. One thing the rally has as an issue when it's converted BB is too much power for too light of an RC that chassis adds weight low, won't crack like the plastic chassis does also on a rally it will be MUCH more rigid. All good... I think the chassis also may alloy a slightly bigger battery, better for powering a 1/10 system. It will also eliminate the need for many accompanying parts used mostly to prevent chassis cracking or reduce plastic flex.

Why wouldn't you want to use it? Unless you run stock power systems. Then I can see the added weight causing issues, but I think the STD esc is one of those things that has to go, and a SV3 won't have the problems the VXL system has with the added weight.
    Last edited by SiNFULREVO; 04-19-2013 at 11:12 AM.

I don't think the price is too bad. I never damaged the chassis of my Mustang, but I broke it twice of my Merv. The spots where the bulkheads are mounted to, are not the strongest.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    i tried one for about five minutes. it is not for off road use without a tbr 3pc full skid, because it flexes at bulkheads.. it would be excellent for a black top racer. the vids are loading slow, so have patience for the first few seconds. plus in one vid i say shims for differentials. i mean bulkheads, oops, lol. im using a summit. but you at least get a idea. peace.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxB3SyUINIA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtlAsrQV7rk
    Last edited by ajcar; 04-19-2013 at 04:31 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    i tried one for about five minutes. it is not for off road use without a tbr 3pc full skid, because it flexes at bulkheads.. it would be excellent for a black top racer. the vids are loading slow, so have patience for the first few seconds. plus in one vid i say shims for differentials. i mean bulkheads, oops, lol. im using a summit. but you at least get a idea. peace.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxB3SyUINIA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtlAsrQV7rk
    Doesn't the stock chassis flex as much?
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    Doesn't the stock chassis flex as much?
    i never really paid attention, lol.

RC Competitor
    I don't understand his logic

Plastic vs Aluminum

Plastic flexes more. You complain about the flex, but never bothered to check if its more or less than stock before complaining? I can EASILY tell you the stock chassis flexes way more than the alloy in your vid.
    Last edited by SiNFULREVO; 04-26-2013 at 07:44 AM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNFULREVO View Post
    I don't understand his logic

Plastic vs Aluminum

Plastic flexes more. You complain about the flex, but never bothered to check if its more or less than stock before complaining? I can EASILY tell you the stock chassis flexes way more than the alloy in your vid.
    due to the fact that the stock chassy has a center skid plate that bolts to the rear bulkhead, and barely flexes. YOU ARE SO WRONG. the aluminum dont have any center chassy support. there might be a difference in opinions between a summit, and a rally for this chassy. just my 2 cents
    Last edited by ajcar; 05-07-2013 at 08:54 PM.

RC Competitor
    Your flex test was on the part with no bulk installed, you compare that to a fully build kit?

Try your flex test again on a fully built truck and video the results, see if it flexes as much... You make a good point the center skid is eliminated, but doesn't change the fact a bare chassis flex test compared to a flex test on fully built kit is absurd. If you are going to say it flexes more based off that, the info is not valuable to me. Test fully built with plastic chassis vs fully built with alloy chassis, if it flexes more then that's a different story.

Funny enough, For me I like it better for a Rally anyways lol the extra low weight i think would improve handling.
    Last edited by SiNFULREVO; 05-07-2013 at 10:51 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by SiNFULREVO View Post
    Your flex test was on the part with no bulk installed, you compare that to a fully build kit?

Try your flex test again on a fully built truck and video the results, see if it flexes as much... You make a good point the center skid is eliminated, but doesn't change the fact a bare chassis flex test compared to a flex test on fully built kit is absurd. If you are going to say it flexes more based off that, the info is not valuable to me. Test fully built with plastic chassis vs fully built with alloy chassis, if it flexes more then that's a different story.

Funny enough, For me I like it better for a Rally anyways lol the extra low weight i think would improve handling.
    ill have to apologise for my vid. I am still a newbie myself, and hopefully people are just looking to see what it looks like. I am not a good review person. Lol. But yes. On a rally would be awesome.
    Last edited by ajcar; 05-08-2013 at 05:14 AM.

RC Competitor
    I think the point you raise is a valid concern with that chassis, I would actually appreciate a flex test comparison of 2 built kits. Raw chassis vs raw chassis the alluminum will not flex as much as the plastic, this is for certain, but I am interested to see if the way the chassis differs in its use of the chassis flat bottom instead of the center skid plate as far as flexibility.

A videos showing how much that chassis flexes on a built truck would be very helpful.

RC Champion
    i hope somebody chims in with a vid. i sold the chassy back on ebay. im suprised that no other members have posted any vids of this chassy in action. i should have, but at that time i did the vid. the weather was nasty. remember i said im no review expert, lol.