RC Competitor

MiniRevo servo link arm broken at the servo saver

Hi, I have a new MiniRevo all with stock parts. We've had it for a week now and the steering link arm at the servo saver keeps breaking off. Once the link arm breaks the car won't steer.

The first time this happened (after the car bumped in the tv stand) I opened up the servo saver and turned the link arm around and that kept us going for a couple of days. Now that same thing happened again after bumping into a stationary Rustler.

I need to get a new steering link - this is part# 7043. I was wondering should I get aluminum or does RPM make something stronger than the stock part?

Also would anyone know if there is something else that I should upgrade to prevent the link arm from breaking?

Thanks!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Aluminum will be stronger buy a good front end collision with the tire will just break something else. T bone bumper might help

RC Competitor
    I tried searching for t bone bumper but I couldn't find one for the mini revo. Could you suggest one?
    Thanks.

RC Qualifier

RC Racer
    On my son's digger we have broken 3. I need some parts for my truck so I took my MB? aluminum servo saver on it. I bill buy another for my truck.

RC Racer
    Hot Racing is the brand of my steering part. I highly recomend it!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Most have problems with the aluminum servo savers binding

RC Racer
    I can't speak for others but on my truck it never bound and we have ran my son's digger atleast 5 times with out an issue. Maybe I got lucky, or posssibly because I have a corona servo it is strong enough to not have an issue.

RC Champion
    I've considered getting another saver that goes onto the servo horn. You could also check the front skid plate. There is a small tap that is supposed to limit the servo savers turning to make sure that the steering links don't break. I can post pics after school if you are confused.
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 3800kv
    Rustler vxl