RC Enthusiast

Very Dissapointed

I havent even got a hour run time on this Brushless E Maxx First Burns up ESC and battery then i buy new battery and ESC while i wait on Traxxas to replace the first ESC and Battery. Guess what burns up. so then Traxxas was like send all the Electric parts in and we will replace it all. so they did since Replaced Rear Diff. then replace Bearing in the clutch....Snapped rear Axle replaced that... Now front Diff stripped...My question is Fellow bashers is when does it stop??? lol I have never had to work on any RC vehicle as mush as this one it has been the worst 1000.00 I have ever spent... I am running 6s dual 11.1 Traxxas Lipos with factory gearing....havent even jumped this truck very much at all... what if i was running truly hot batteries like to MAXAMP 150C batts?????UGHHHH Are the E Revos built this crappy

RC Racer
    Sorry to hear your issues but 6s on this frame can be destructive without good throttle control and good batteries.

What batteries are you running? What is their c rating?

Did you go in and program the punch control on the esc? Any changes to the programming?

RC Racer
    I would go down to 4s

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun6 View Post
    Sorry to hear your issues but 6s on this frame can be destructive without good throttle control and good batteries.

What batteries are you running? What is their c rating?

Did you go in and program the punch control on the esc? Any changes to the programming?
    Traxxas 11.1 25c

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunamonkey View Post
    I would go down to 4s
    If i did go down to 4s what effect will it have im fairly new to the electric world

RC Racer
    sorry to hear about the bad luck. Is this your 1st r/c with real electric power? anything that size on 6s can get tore upp pretty quick. like shogun said, good throttle/ brake control helps, and also the truck and its settings (punch/ clutch in particular) can be tuned more towards your own driving style.

When does it end you ask? when it's in the closet... hahaha

seriously though, don't get discouraged... maybe you got some bum electronics..... and maybe you and the truck just need to get past the "gettin to know each other phase"

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSlash View Post
    sorry to hear about the bad luck. Is this your 1st r/c with real electric power? anything that size on 6s can get tore upp pretty quick. like shogun said, good throttle/ brake control helps, and also the truck and its settings (punch/ clutch in particular) can be tuned more towards your own driving style.

When does it end you ask? when it's in the closet... hahaha

seriously though, don't get discouraged... maybe you got some bum electronics..... and maybe you and the truck just need to get past the "gettin to know each other phase"
    Everything in the ESC is factory settings I have the link just dont know what to adjust...... and answer your Question I have a Slash 4x4 other than that Im a nitro guy....only reason i got it is my brother has brushless e revo and its awesome and he dont know anymore about Electric than i do.....He runs the MAXAMP 150c batts and his stuff never breaks like mine....unless he smacks a wall or tree lol.......maybe i need a revo????? I dunno

RC Racer
    Punch control can be a big help for protecting the driveline. It reduces the "all at once" power to the wheels, and just gradually applies the throttle depending on how much punch you set..

Both trucks are beasts, and the brushless revo can be abused just as easily. I think you were spoiled having the slash hahaha, they can take any abuse thrown at em'....... stock that is..

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackSlash View Post
    Punch control can be a big help for protecting the driveline. It reduces the "all at once" power to the wheels, and just gradually applies the throttle depending on how much punch you set..

Both trucks are beasts, and the brushless revo can be abused just as easily. I think you were spoiled having the slash hahaha, they can take any abuse thrown at em'....... stock that is..
    Agreed bro the Slash is a tank By far the best Rc ive ever had..... Well all I know is when i hit the throttle on the Slash it will flip backwards running 3 cell lipo E maxx the punch is set prolly wide open..... what should i set it too

RC Racer
    If you like to test things out, i always like to set it maxed, give it a run, set it minimum.... give it another run, then you'l have a better idea of what 50%.... 30% etc will actually be doing..

the quick answer if your not into tinkering... and assuming it's set an none, maybe try 30% to start?

RC Racer
    4s will still give u that fun factor with a cheaper over all price. u wont be breaking as many parts and have all the down time.

RC poster
    im deciding on a brushless setup, this thread is encouraging.:-D

RC Qualifier
    Im running 5s. Punch is set low so i dont snap axles.

RC Qualifier
    Did you buy the kit with 2 3s lipos? I still think 6s is too much and traxxas is going to get new owners upset with all the broken parts you get on 6s.

I sold mine and just run 4s in my ERBE

RC Champion
    I think what traxxas needs to do is include steel dogbones and cups stock with the emaxx bl.
    Also you need to shim the diffs, any diff can get tore up pretty fast without shimming it
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"