RC Racer

Gearing question

So I got my proline beadlocks with the dirt hawgs, little taller and quite a bit heavier. They are awesome. I heard that I should re gear for them. I have all stock pinion and spur. Ran it with the new tires and wheels. 3s lipo. Will barely pull a wheelie now unless I try real hard. So I put on the only other pinion I had which was a 23 tooth. wheelies better but you can tell its bogging it down and it got up to about 180 on some speed runs. I just basically bash it and sometimes I run it up and down my street to xxxx off the neighbors. Ideas which pinion or spur I should be running

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would run lighter rims and even with a smaller pinion not a good idea running 3s with those rims
    On 2s might get away with it but lit of rotating weight there

RC Racer
    Proline is a good brand but misleading us about the Titus 2.2 rims. They say "without weight." I thought Titus rims are lighter, but I was wrong.
    Watch Out!!! My merv is a little green Hulk.

RC Racer
    Is there any way to compensate for the weight with gearing?

RC Racer
    Well I called traxxas support today. They said if its the motor heating its prob revving too high and if esc is heating it's geared too high. Confirmed tonight it's just motor heating esc is staying around 100. I put the 28 tooth back on and ran it awhile. Temp got up to 180 on motor. Esc was at 130. Tech said prob need a gear somewhere between the two and all will be fine.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The rotating weight is too heavy. You can gear down to make it run cooler but will not have the speed you would have with lighter rims and taller gearing