RC Champion
    My dog might get more enjoyment from my TRX vehicles, which is what led me to this mod. At first, the original body pins kept pushing too far in after a session and were hard to get out. This pointed me to some pins I had used many years ago that worked for me:

To make them work, I had to remove part of the body cage in the rear. The reason I didn't leave well enough alone was because I was concerned of the sharp point on those pins hurting my dog. I use the Proline thumbwashers on my 1/10 Slash 4x4 (another toy of his) so I wondering about using them on the Summit. With some trimming of the washers themselves, some screws from Home Depot and the aforementioned cage trim, I made it work:

I plan to add them to the front as well. I'll need to get another Proline kit to get the extra washers again.
    Last edited by cooleocool; 05-20-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: merge
    / 16

RC Racer
    Nice! I'm gna try that out.

RC Champion
    The screws are M4 size and 20mm long. That's the longest HD had in that size. I snipped the stock mount as flush as possible, then used a drill and progressively larger bits until I could forcefully screw in the M4 stud I created by sawing off the screw head. Be careful when sawing, you need to grip the stud in such a way that you don't damage the threads on either end. Both the sawing and drilling would have been much easier/safer/better if I had a vise to use.

I'm probably going to glue the studs in place as well, but just screwing them into the body mount has worked fine for the little I've used it.

For under $15 it has made me happy.
    / 16

RC Racer
    Jrmbtr,

Will you be doing this to the front also? Oh, and thanks for the details.

RC Champion
    I expect to. I have to get another washer kit to do it though. I didn't have four to do it with, had gotten the kit to replace some I lost on my 1/10 Slash 4x4. Once I get the new washer kit I'll make it happen.
    / 16

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    I did something similar to my Grasshopper years ago... but with a knurled nut and standard threaded rod. Both should be readily available at any hardware store.

To thread the rod into the plastic I bought two nuts and jammed them together so I could thread it in with a wrench or socket.
    Last edited by Jimmie Neutron; 05-25-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: remembered installation tip
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Neutron View Post
    I did something similar to my Grasshopper years ago... but with a knurled nut and standard threaded rod. Both should be readily available at any hardware store.

Great solution!! I need to see if my local store has those.
    / 16

RC Racer
    I agree, that is another good option too.