RC Qualifier

balancing lipos??

So I got my new li pos in the mail today and they are the traxxas 3s 5000 mah but my question is, it says on my charger that you need to charge them?? I have the onyx 245, so when I plug my batteries in the balance board I charge them?? And I need to connect everything right?? ( the battery and its balancing connecters) and then when I go to run it I just charge it with out the balancing board right??

Thanks

For charging you plug the balancing plug into the board and the main wires into the charger.
    The Super Derecho

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    For charging you plug the balancing plug into the board and the main wires into the charger.
    Ok but after I run them down I need to balance them right??? Or do I need to balance them when I charge them before I run?? I just need to store them until tomorrow.

you balance charge everytime you use them is what i do to be safe. since your charger doesnt have a storage charge mode when you have finished charging them connect them to the balance board and charge plug then balance charge them to 3.85v per cell or 11.55v 3s pack this is storage voltage for your lipo then when you want to use it stick it on the charger again and fully balance charge it and do this everytime you use your lipos and want to use them works best and will do good to your lipos as well
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Champion
    I use the balance board for charging and storage no problems here.

RC Qualifier
    Ok just to be clear, I just ran the truck so I will put the batteries in the charger with the balance board then start charging it?? Then tomorrow I will put the batteries in the charger with or without the board??
    Thanks guys the directions are not very clear and then I just don't want to hurt these batteries. Thanks again

RC Qualifier
    Never mind I think I got it figured out!
    Thanks for the help everyone