RC poster

New 4907 bellcrank set up weak

I just recently got a tmaxx 3.3 4907 used. And the steering is weak, the servo is strong but it seems that the springs arent pushing hard enough to turn the rest of the system. Is there a different settingthat i can tighten the spring? Or should i but new springs for it?

The only way to easily adjust the bellcrank/saver is to swap the spring for a new or stronger spring.
    Part # 4945 comes with 2 springs with different spring rates.

You can also add 5mm ID shims on top of the bellcrank (saver side) to add a little more preload to the spring and gain some extra strength.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC poster
    Alright ill look into that thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Jsal413 View Post
    I just recently got a tmaxx 3.3 4907 used. And the steering is weak, the servo is strong but it seems that the springs arent pushing hard enough to turn the rest of the system. Is there a different settingthat i can tighten the spring? Or should i but new springs for it?
    I think I would have seen more posts about your problem if this was the case, but there really hasn't been any since that design was released that I can recall..

You sure that it's the servo saver and not something binding in the linkages? Have you tried removing the linkage from the servo horn and seeing if the linkages move nice and smooth by hand? Something as simple as overtightening the pillowball caps can create the same issue...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    Something as simple as overtightening the pillowball caps can create the same issue...
    That would be my guess..
    Bash, Crash, Upgrade, Repeat..

RC Qualifier
    I have this same issue in my 4907 but only turning left but I'm pretty sure it's my servo saver causing the issue

Anyone got good pics of there setup could use some help on that

It’s relatively easy to diagnose the saver. Just disconnect the link from the servo to the steering bell crank arm and see if the wheels turn full left and right without any binding. With the link disconnected the wheels should flop from left to right with relative ease. If they do not move easily you need to trace the problem and correct it. If the wheels do move easily then reconnect the link to the servo and turn on the electronics. Hold a wheel in your hand with a little force and work the steering with the transmitter. You can watch the saver as you do this to see if it the saver is actuating (upper portion of the saver rotates but the bottom portion does not and the spring compresses).
    Depending on how much pressure it takes to hold the wheel and actuate the saver depends on how firm or loose you like it. Too loose and you will get sloppy/lazy steering, too firm and the saver may not be able to do its job (actuate) when needed.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Enthusiast
    I noticed on the one I just got, if its sitting still on the ground the wheels will not turn, but once in motion, no issues steering. I just think its due to the big tires and gripp that gives the servo a hard time. I also have the high torque servos. Less I am way off here...

Quote Originally Posted by Team Derp View Post
    I noticed on the one I just got, if its sitting still on the ground the wheels will not turn, but once in motion, no issues steering. I just think its due to the big tires and gripp that gives the servo a hard time. I also have the high torque servos. Less I am way off here...
    If they are the stock servos they are far from hight torque, I am running 236oz servos on mine without an issue.

86oz-in for the 2055 servo
    125oz-in for the 2070/75 servo
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    If they are the stock servos they are far from hight torque, I am running 236oz servos on mine without an issue.

86oz-in for the 2055 servo
    125oz-in for the 2070/75 servo
    They arent the stock. They are the 2056

2056 is the waterproof version of the 2055.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    2056 is the waterproof version of the 2055.
    Wouldn't the 2018 be the stock servo?

I also saw your in Cocoa. We are in Melbourne.

Yup 20 miles north of you.

The 4910 comes with the 2055 for steering & 2018 for throttle/brake duties.

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Enthusiast
    Yup 20 miles north of you.

The 4910 comes with the 2055 for steering & 2018 for throttle/brake duties.
    Ah Ok. Good to know. Its got 2056 for the throttle as well. I was confused there