RC Enthusiast

where do I put shimmy on e revo brushless diff ..and how many ..

I cracked my chassi .. so I decided since I'm in there let me shimmy dif since I already broke a beaeing and stipped gear..I have 30k lube .. what's a good gease I'm using traxxas grease white in color..

RC Competitor
    Please take the time to type that into google, you will find your answer right away
    ERBE 2200kv EMBE 2200kv MERV x2 (1 For Sale)

RC Qualifier
    30K lube is fine, but you should also get some order weights so you can see what you like best. White grease is fine for the gears. How to shimmed has been explained many times before, and every diff takes a different amount of shims.

RC Enthusiast
    Well for your info there isn't one only for 1./16 scale yes there a vid on how to rebuild a diff but not on how and where to out shimmy on a e revo if so please show me where I've been lokking thanxs

RC Qualifier
    Haha it's shim not shimmy lol

Sent from my iPhone using My Thumbs
    6S OR NOTHING............................ maybe 5s

RC Enthusiast
    thanks I couldn't find it on Google but I see it was here on the forum thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by mydudrevo View Post
    Haha it's shim not shimmy lol

shim great I got it

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeguski View Post
    Please take the time to type that into google, you will find your answer right away
    not to sounds rude blake, but cut the guy some slack. It's just a question that he knew he get answered quick on here. A forum wouldn't exist if people werent willing to answer questions about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by blakeguski View Post
    "Do a Search" is NOT considered an appropriate response to questions on the Traxxas forums.
    See below:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Chicken View Post
    I am FAR more annoyed by the "do a searchers" than the noob questions that have been answered 10,000 times. Of course the "do a searchers" already know this since I have posted it before. It's part of being a noob and I don't really like the search function either so ask your question. I am considering adding "do a search" to the swear filter so that I can give points till the "do a searchers" are banned. (It should take about 20 minutes). When they complain I can tell them I made this post and if they had only done a search, like they post all they time, they would have known not to post "do a search". Pretty compelling logic isn't it? All I have to do now is post any random thing anywhere on the board and I can give points for it! This makes me VERY happy so thanks guys! Since you have already searched, you know beyond any shadow of any doubt that if the Chicken ain't happy, ain't NOBODY happy! Do a search and read all of my posts before replying so you know what not to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by arceeguy
    While it is fine to gently remind a user to use the search feature, it should not be the only thing in your post. If you provide an answer to their question, and a reminder to use the search because the subject has come up frequently, that's okay. If you just want to post "USE THE SEARCH!" - then keep it to yourself, and don't bother posting. IF you have a problem with answering the same question over and over, then maybe being a "regular" on a message board isn't for you because it is the same on any other message board I've seen.
    Hopefully these reminders will compel those who are too lazy to post something helpful to not post anything at all.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Qualifier
    Shim the ring gear and the pinion gear for a tighter mesh mitch316 can probably help more when he gets on he can tell you what size shims are needed and where to get them

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    check out this thread, it has a lot of info, pretty much about everything.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...-rebuild/page4

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    "Do a Search" is NOT considered an appropriate response to questions on the Traxxas forums.
    See below:

Hopefully these reminders will compel those who are too lazy to post something helpful to not post anything at all.
    +1

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by buduck04 View Post
    not to sounds rude blake, but cut the guy some slack. It's just a question that he knew he get answered quick on here. A forum wouldn't exist if people werent willing to answer questions about anything!
    thanks buduck 04..

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    To shim the stock diff you will need 6mm shims kyosho 096046 ,8mm 096644 and 10mm 096647.
    I usually place a shim on the pinion and on the ring gear side. Assemble and check for play. Move side to side. Get the play out then check the pinion. Might need another shim there. Not too hard to do just keep adding shims until you get a little binding then remove one