Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    18

    XO-1 Sway Bar Links.....

    curious if anyone has gotten the new sway bar links?

  2. #2
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,438
    do you happen to have a link site for us to see? is this made by traxxas?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  3. #3
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    I'm using the slash sway bar kit, not perfect but it works, I think I would like to make a real swaybar that really works - perhaps a straight bar that has arms attached to the ends and an attachment point further outwards, maybe on the caster block.

  4. #4
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    do you happen to have a link site for us to see? is this made by traxxas?
    here ya go, http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....ducts_id=10403

    you can also now get the black body as well, http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....ducts_id=10295

  5. #5
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,438
    are'nt those the sway bars come stock with the RTR? or is it optional parts? i dont know i built mine from scratch lol.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  6. #6
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    8
    I ordered them from traxxas.Will see how long they take to get here.

  7. #7
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    are'nt those the sway bars come stock with the RTR? or is it optional parts? i dont know i built mine from scratch lol.
    They do not come with the XO-1 out of the box. They are an option part. I wouldn't think it would need them for straight line high speed runs.
    Jeremy

  8. #8
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Long Beach, California
    Posts
    6,438
    thats what i thought its an option but, for the price of RTR its should be atleast included, not complaining or anything, just saying

    @civicninja98 you can buy that black body on ebay too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item5653f79d7a
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Norf Cackalacky
    Posts
    452
    It's just a slash kit.
    The Annihilator....fastest XO-1 on planet Earth.

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Columbia, SC
    Posts
    317
    Quote Originally Posted by TheStenchOfSpeed View Post
    It's just a slash kit.
    Actually the front sway bars look different if you look closer. But then again I have my Slash 4x4 sway bars on mine with no issues.
    Last edited by Sierravmax; 03-26-2013 at 06:31 PM.
    Traxxas gone bye bye!

  11. #11
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Lexington, SC
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierravmax View Post
    Actually the front sway bars look different if you look closer. But then again I have my Slash 4x4 sway bars on mine with no issues.
    Notice any difference with the sway bars on vs off?
    Jeremy

  12. #12
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    thats what i thought its an option but, for the price of RTR its should be atleast included, not complaining or anything, just saying

    @civicninja98 you can buy that black body on ebay too. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-XO-1...item5653f79d7a
    well that's good to know.

    ok so the XO comes in clear, blue, red, and silver. and now metallic black, which according to the the traxxas site, just came out a couple weeks ago. but i bought my XO at the second to last week of April and the hobby shop had it at the beginning of April (cause that's when i was drooling on it, ha ha), and the black body is already on it....? you mean i may have gotten something traxxas that wasn't released yet but was available rather than the usual release it and wait months on it to come available? isn't that just strange, lol.

  13. #13
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkingmike@yahoo.com View Post
    I ordered them from traxxas.Will see how long they take to get here.
    do let us know when you recieve them . am curious how they will affect the handling of the car.

  14. #14
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    36
    Yes, I am also running the slash bars and the front is different - does not quite fit right and does not really work due to incorrect geometry.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    692
    Quote Originally Posted by civicninja98 View Post
    well that's good to know.

    ok so the XO comes in clear, blue, red, and silver. and now metallic black, which according to the the traxxas site, just came out a couple weeks ago. but i bought my XO at the second to last week of April and the hobby shop had it at the beginning of April (cause that's when i was drooling on it, ha ha), and the black body is already on it....? you mean i may have gotten something traxxas that wasn't released yet but was available rather than the usual release it and wait months on it to come available? isn't that just strange, lol.
    I got the metallic black one last year in Febuary . maybe they just didnt have one in stock
    XO-1,SLASH 4X4 ,SLASH 2WD , 2/RUSTLER

  16. #16
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florence, KY
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by BennyG6 View Post
    I got the metallic black one last year in Febuary . maybe they just didnt have one in stock
    interesting. i kinda wanna order one just to see if it's the same as the one you and i have. i thought the one i had was silver, till i saw a silver one. but then again, should just get a clear body and do a custom job on it.

  17. #17
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Central, WI.
    Posts
    235
    I have the slash sway bars on mine. I noticed a big difference over not having them on. Wonder if the XO-1 ones are stiffer ??

  18. #18
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    8
    anyone using the xo-1 sway bars (traxxas 6498)?....not sure if they make a big difference during speed runs.

  19. #19
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Barrie,Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    20
    Traxxas recommend not running the rear bar for speed runs....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •