RC Enthusiast

Revo 3.3 Shifting problem

Good morning everyone -

Recently replaced my tranny, slipper clutch, clutch shoes / spring and installed a Forward Only conversion. Now I seem to be having a problem getting the truck to shift into second gear. I researched all the fixes and nothing seems to work. i.e.. proper tuning, adjusted the tranny shift hub.

Any advise would be appreciated!

RC Qualifier
    Are you turning the adjuster screw inside the trans the correct way? It has to be turned counter clockwise to loosen the spring tension which will then lower the shift point. If you lowered the final drive ratio by going to a smaller clutch bell or larger spur then the shiftpoint has to be lowered.
    Revo LRP 30x
    EMBE 6s
    ERBE 6s
    Summit 4s

RC Enthusiast
    RR

Yes, turning the adjustment counter clockwise. The clutch bell and spur are the original size. Would the new Forward only gear size lower the shift point?

Are you sure it's the correct screw? The hole in the tranny case can access the pin for the gear and the adjustment screw. Make sure you have a good tune and accelerate slowly so that you can hear it change gears. If you have a slow acceleration but good top speed then it may be stuck in 2nd.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    Yes.. putting in forward only will make it shift earlier... so you want to adjust the the shift point by tightening 1/8 at a time.. follow Double G direction and you should be good..

do this first
    to really see if its shifting or not.. lift the truck up by the roll bar when its properly heated up and roll slowly in the throttle... you should hear it shift.. if that doesn't work.. then you maybe stuck in a gear...
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...