RC Enthusiast

Smile Matt's Rally build

my Rally started out as the fastest. it was orange and black. so i knew it was destined for greatness =)
    it is also my first venture into this hobby. i loved the way it performed except i was slowly destroying the body from bashing. i decided to upgrade my humble rally into a nasty beast and this how she has evolved so far. jconcepts bajr body, 2.8 in trenchers on desperado wheels, losi blue springs in the rear stock rear springs in the front, a 2s lipo and slash 4x4 bumpers.

. what do yall think?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Looks awesome! I've got a bajr body and love it! You have now ventured into slash 4x4 territory. Of course, your welcome here, it all started as a rally, now evolving into something more personal and to your liking. The guys over at sl4sh will enjoy this also so, feel free (obligated and with pix lol) to post there too. Its considered a sl4sh MT (monster truck) in that configuration, we love sl4sh mt's.
    What else r ya thinking about doing? Sway bars will give you a stiff stance, remove much of the body roll and tippy tendencies mt's have. Looks good, look forward to your input.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    whats cooking? lol just messing with you man. thats a whole completely different beast, how do you like it now?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | BackSl4sh Roadrunner |

RC Competitor
    That is what happens when you overcook a main course
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Enthusiast
    thank you guys. it will always be a rally to me since that's what i started with. its a mutated rally lol. we got 10 in of snow here today so i got to wait a bit to drive it with the new shell, i cant wait. im going to continue to upgrade it as more parts break. my next upgrade will probably be better axles those trenchers snap them like twigs right now.

RC Enthusiast
    Just curious.....do you all think very many people would be interested in a Rally Ultimate? I'm thinking of converting some Slash 4x4 Ultimate's.

RC Enthusiast
    what all would be different between a normal rally and an ultimate one?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by protonvxmatt View Post
    what all would be different between a normal rally and an ultimate one?
    Transmitter with docking base, telemetry, aluminum carriers etc., center diff, lipo battery and charger, GTR shocks, aluminum wheel nuts, sway bars. That's all I can think of right now.

RC Competitor
    Or take slash 4x4 ultimate, change both bumbers and body posts, body itself and you'll have a Rally ultimate
    Dusty Motors shrouds

RC Enthusiast
    that would be neat.

RC Competitor
    yep it would
    Dusty Motors shrouds

Wow you really transformed that Rally in a hurry. I may get a bajr, paint it up and put my Pede Trenchers on it. Good idea. Does the Sl4sh bumper bolt right on?
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

Quote Originally Posted by O.G. View Post
    Wow you really transformed that Rally in a hurry. I may get a bajr, paint it up and put my Pede Trenchers on it. Good idea. Does the Sl4sh bumper bolt right on?
    OG, you've never had a sl4sh mt? yup slash bumper bolts right on after you remove the rally front bumper and body mount. You'll need a new front bumper for sl4sh and front sl4sh body mounts.
    You do understand that once you've done this, your pedes will be collecting dust! Sl4sh mt is the absolute bomb!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by thedreadedend View Post
    OG, you've never had a sl4sh mt? yup slash bumper bolts right on after you remove the rally front bumper and body mount. You'll need a new front bumper for sl4sh and front sl4sh body mounts.
    You do understand that once you've done this, your pedes will be collecting dust! Sl4sh mt is the absolute bomb!
    Hmmmm...now you got me thinking, I have a spare HCG chassis laying around. A MT project might be in the works!

AB
    I'll try anything once, maybe twice!

I mod mine up and out! Up(mt) out(wide mod) this gives you the true monster feel with wide wheelbase. That makes all the difference when turning it into a mt. The slash/rally stance is the race ready set up that feels way different to me. I like it but not on a mt.

This is wide lol (same truck)

As Much as I want a revo or maxx, I build these and it satisfied my needs with half the battery/power/cost! And its bigger than pede and slash.

RC Enthusiast
    I took the car out today and landed the first jump with my new shell wrong. It landed on the lid on ice, no scratches or dents but i noticed the paint on the top seemed to pull away from the lexan. 15 more minutes of running it and i have 3 2.5 in long chips where the paint has come off. It was about 15 degrees F outside. any ideas on what is going on? i made sure i cleaned out the body really well before paint and am confused. Any input is appreciated.

thanks y'all.

What paint you use?? Was it for lexan bodies? My mate used Tamiya TS instead of PS on his eMaxx...first bail and the paint almost came off the body in 1 piece.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    it was pactra rc car paint lacquer racing finish. my LHS told me to use that stuff.

Sorry mate, I am unfamiliar with that brand mate...Tamiya and Parma are common brands in Australia.
    Rock n Rolla !

RC Enthusiast
    im going to keep running as is for the time being. its a basher body. next time i will try one of the ones you reccommended. thank you.

RC Enthusiast
    Hey dread, first off nice sl4sh MT. I was just wondering what extended adapters u used to get the extra wide MT look. And if it was 17mm or std 12mm hex drives? I also have a HCG sl4sh MT in the works. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by BYRDMAN313 View Post
    Hey dread, first off nice sl4sh MT. I was just wondering what extended adapters u used to get the extra wide MT look. And if it was 17mm or std 12mm hex drives? I also have a HCG sl4sh MT in the works. Thanks in advance
    Thanks..... continued in p message .......http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...nd-Assault-Rig